Research / Project Administrator
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Provide administrative support as below:
• Maintain a record of engagement, activity and impact to support reporting to the project management board and advisory group
• Implement reporting procedures which meet the requirements of NERC (e.g. via Research Fish) and ensure all necessary data is gathered in a timely and efficient manner
• Ensure that project participants are appraised of the information reported to NERC, and of any feedback received
• Plan, organise and maintain a regular schedule of project review meetings, including those of the Project Board and the Strategic Advisory Group, ensuring all relevant parties maintain an adequate level of attendance
• Support activities and cohort-building for research fellows and impact fellows working on the project
• Support the recruitment of project related staff
• Support the Project Director in other administrative tasks as necessary
• Work with relevant colleagues within the University to maintain a web presence for the project, including appropriate social media activity.
• Work with relevant colleagues to support stakeholder engagement through the production of publicity materials and arrangement of externally facing events.
• Maintain a record of engagement, activity and impact to support reporting to the project management board, advisory group and NERC
• Ensure that suitable records of all allowable costs are maintained by the University
• Day to day co-ordination of diary, arranging meetings, booking venues and refreshments, provide a bring forward system for papers relating to meetings and minute taking when required for WM-Air. For diary co-ordination use own discretion and judgement and decide on the most appropriate arrangements to fit within busy schedules. Production of meeting notes, draft agendas, collation and distribution of relevant paperwork, servicing meetings and ensuring that action points are progressed with the relevant member of staff.
• Acting as a focal point and dealing directly with routine research communications including dealing with urgent communications in the absence of senior colleagues. To ensure timely responses and effective outcomes.
• Types correspondence and, where applicable, composes letters/e-mail responses on own initiative. Often acting on behalf of Academics/team for routine correspondence.
• Use simple (often web based) systems for document and database management and support in preparing and organising documentation such as papers for board meetings, applications for ethics committees and funding bodies under the supervision of senior staff.
• Travel arrangements for meetings, conferences including registration payments, transport, accommodation and travel insurance where necessary. Ensure that arrangements are made in a timely manner and appropriate information is passed to team members in an appropriate format.
• Disseminate paperwork for project panels in accordance with set requirements and timescales.
• To undertake other duties as required
Required knowledge, skills and experience
• An enthusiastic and committed approach to environmental science research, and interest in its application to real-world challenges to deliver impact
• Educated to degree or postgraduate level
• Strong communication skills, suitable for credible interactions with external partners, stakeholders and internal team members
• Project management experience in research oriented environment, particularly having evidence of successful delivery of projects
• Experience of managing financial budgets along with experience of budget planning and forecasting
• Ability to work autonomously and under own initiative, in line with project aims
• Ability to interpret complex guidelines, rules and regulations.
• Experience of working to reporting structures and producing audit trails
• Experience of running projects with significant numbers of staff and motivating staff across a wide range of disciplines to deliver to deadlines
• Excellent team-working and communication skills being able to keep the team fully appraised of key issues, and also comfortable in briefing and influencing senior management
• Proven ability to meet targets, milestones and contracted outputs and work to deadlines
• Ability to rapidly assimilate complex information and present these in a credible fashion
• Competent IT user- Microsoft packages, email, internet, and project management tools
• Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working with senior colleagues and external stakeholders/partners.
• The ability to work under pressure and deal with confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
• Good presentation and time keeping.
• Awareness of University policies on confidentiality, discrimination and freedom of information.
• Awareness of University Guidance on Financial rules and regulations.
If this role is of interest please apply