Quantity Surveyor - Rail/Civil Engineering
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
I'm looking for a hard working Quantity Surveyor to join my client, a well-known civil engineering contractor on a permanent basis managing a newly awarded 18-month project in Northamptonshire. This is a £5m station upgrade with the scope of work including brand new platforms, trackwork, track realignment, ramps, drainage, and public realm.
The chosen candidate will be capable of managing the contract independently whilst reporting into the Commercial Manager once a week. You must have experience working on heavy rail projects.
Roles and responsibilities:
* Be responsible for initiating and leading tasks/processes
* Pricing up and management of utility packages and new resource across the site offices
* Be responsible for planning and managing own work, and that of other commercial team members
* Ensure that the contractor's commercial position is protected using in-depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes
* Liaise with the client, PQS and Senior staff
* You are expected to manage and provide development/support to other commercial team members
* Reporting to the Commercial Manager
* Estimate from first princripal
* A degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or similar / Equivalent HND (not necessary)
* Experience working on rail and civil engineering
* Working knowledge of NEC/JCT
* Have a very good work ethic and be willing to work hard
If you are interested in this role, or are a Quantity Surveyor looking at your career options, then please contact Morgan Broughton at Randstad CPE on (phone number removed).
Alternatively, if you know someone who may be interested we offer a £200 referral fee for successfully placed candidates.
Add me on LinkedIn to stay updated with all the opportunities I have available for Quantity Surveyors of all levels: https://(url removed)/in/morgan-broughton-(phone number removed)a7/
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business