Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a brand new project offering a 6 month project but likely to extend.
What you will be working with:
- Aircraft high power gearbox design for manufacture
- Basic sizing and system layout is complete, there is an existing CAD assembly
- Components includes gears, shafts, custom bearings, clutches, housings, pipework, pumps, seals
- Complete lubrication system for gearbox
- Take each component and complete design for manufacture through liaison with third party manufacturer – defining datums, thinking through machining steps, adding features for work-holding, fits, fillets etc.
- Maintaining minimum weight.
- Liaising with stress engineers for getting life calculations done and modifying to achieve life.
- Understanding customer (aircraft OEM) requirements for design documentation and completing such documentation in order to satisfy preliminary design review requirements.
- Create 2D drawings & updated documentation according to customer requirements and pass critical design review.
My client is looking for someone that can bring additional skills to their team who will take a senior role in the project and hit the ground running.
You must be knowledgeable in the manufacture of this type of part: load bearing, high precision, rotating and non-rotating parts and you must be knowledgeable in the field of critical aircraft component design processes and expectations for design reviews.
The role offers a competitive salary for the right candidate.
If you are interested and have the relevant skills, please send your up to date CV for immediate consideration.
Amoria Bond is acting in its capacity as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy and no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role
£40k - £45k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£32k - £37k Annual
£35k - £38k Annual