Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm (37.5 hours p/w)
Approximate time spent away from Orbital Offices
This role is predominantly based in Stone, Staffordshire. Visits to client premises/sites will be frequent and could involve overnight stays, typically 3-4 nights per month.
In this position, you will be responsible for monitoring, controlling and coordinating quality assurance and control activities in the delivery of a variety of modular packages to the Gas Transmission and Distribution sector including Biomethane grid entry unit, gas sampling and analysis systems.
Quality Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
· Support the Project Manager and/or Project Engineers on each assigned project according to the client’s specifications
· Review and interpret client and project specifications and requirements in conjunction with Project Engineers and third party support
· Develop and manage Quality and Inspection and Test Plans (I&TPs) as well as other work-related procedures
· Review and approve suppliers’ and sub-vendors’ material traceability certification and other documentation against the project specifications, resolving any issues that might arise
· Conduct sample and inspection of incoming materials
· Assist with the compilation of Manufacturing Record Books and issues arising from I&TPs, coordinating and liaising with the various internal departments or suppliers as necessary
· Timely coordination and review of both internal and sub-vendor inspection activities, both internally and with all relevant parties
· Attend key supply chain kick-off visits and monitor work progress, supporting expedition as and when necessary
· Be aware of and coordinate all quality related issues on the project, including Non-Conformance Reports and corrective actions, until their close-out
· Ensure that the Mechanical Completion Process, including punch list control, is satisfactorily completed and closed prior to equipment delivery
· Providing support to all departments in developing defect reduction techniques.
· Supporting the internal and External Manufacturing Operations to establish defect and waste reduction.
· Bachelor’s degree in quality, mechanical, or industrial engineering; master’s degree in engineering or a Master of Science in quality assurance preferred
· Certified Quality Engineer.
· Five years previous experience in a quality engineer, quality assurance, or related role
· Knowledge of fabrication, welding and material quality needed. Welding and NDT certification would be advantageous
· Knowledge of pressure testing procedures and controls
· Familiar with Gas industry and relevant codes and standards
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills with demonstrable experience of dealing with customers, suppliers and stakeholder bodies
· The ability to work with minimal supervision, setting and achieving clear targets and deliverables, within a project support environment
· Good familiarity with the different phases of project execution
· Understand and operate in accordance with ISO 9001 Quality Management System
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
· LEAN /Six Sigma training/awareness, preferably Black Belt
· Familiar with ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and OHSAS 18001/45001 Health & Safety Management System
· 5 years’ experience of capital projects from design build and installation.
· Proven ability to deliver improvements in a low volume bespoke manufacturing environment.
· 2 years’ experience working in a structured capital project engineering environment
£30k - £38k Annual
£30k - £38k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£30k - £40k Annual