VP Payments Business
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
App developers, stores and payment providers cross the threshold into the Bango ecosystem to converge, grow and thrive.
By bringing businesses together and powering e-commerce with unique data-driven insights, Bango delivers new business opportunities and new dimensions of growth for customers around the world. Being inside the Bango circle means global merchants including Amazon, Google and Microsoft can work together with payment partners from Africa to the Americas, accelerating the performance of everyone on the inside.
Bango. Think inside the circle.
Reporting to the COO, the VP Payments Business is responsible for growing an established market leading product and strengthening its competitive advantages.
The Bango Platform technology, is a core part of the Bango eco-system, customers include Amazon, Microsoft and Google. The payment business has driven a 100% annual growth rate for Bango over the last 5 consecutive years. This new role brings a dedicated commercial focus to sustain and accelerate this level of success through expansion of existing deals, new product benefits and by leveraging the excellent relationships Bango has with its key partners.
This important role offers a great opportunity for the right person; encompassing many conventional roles in one, enabling the right person to lead, decide and deliver growth. The payments business has many new opportunities to leverage the success of the recently introduced Bango Marketplace, and the fast growing Bango Resale and Audiens business areas.
The successful applicant will lead, align and focus technical sales, product and operational functions with a strong focus on achieving and exceeding business targets.
* Evolve and implement a winning business strategy for continued success of the Bango Platform
* Position the payments business to gain high synergy with Bango Marketplace
* Create and enable a winning position through customer success and continued innovation
* Plan and deliver revenues and profitability
* Sales planning and forecasting
* Revenue modelling and business case approach
* Lead and direct technical sales
* Drive contract discussions and closure
* Evolve proposition materials and collateral
* Drive the payment platform product roadmap
* Own pricing and main commercial terms
* Focus product development to efficiently deliver new platform functionality
- Account manage top payment platform customers
- Lead teams to engage with customers in line with strategy and with clear outcomes
- Act as escalation resolver as required
- Business management and leadership skills, ideally within an IT or payments market
- Sales planning, forecasting and management with a focus on account expansion strategies
- Global experience - including USA, Asia, Europe
- Product management and development planning on platform / SaaS technologies
- Financial acumen and comfortable with business planning and reporting
- Contacts within digital content providers such as Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Netflix, Spotify, Tidal etc.
- Experience in running a business unit, within a wider organisation
- History of IT sales in payments, integrations and/or platform services
- Knowledge of the Direct Carrier Billing (DCB) market and mobile wallet technologies.
- Good line management and leadership skills
* Vibrant, collaborative and experienced colleagues
* A friendly, informal working environment
* Generous share option scheme
* Private Medical Insurance
* Health Cash Plan
* Bendi-time (flexible working hours)
* Bango social events
* Choose your own headphones, keyboard & mouse
* 25 days holiday a year increasing to 28 days with 4 years' service
* Cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gym discount
* Financial support for employee activity groups and charitable activities
* Free fruit, drinks and snacks, limitless tea, coffee and good quality espressos
* Company branded hoodie, slippers … to keep you happy and comfortable
* Group personal pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Employee Assistance Program
£33k - £37k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£27k - £32k Annual