Mechanical (HVAC) designer
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
They have a client base which includes some of the U.K.’s biggest names in the banking, leisure, commercial and transport industries.
They are currently seeking a Mechanical (HVAC) Designer to work within their Design Department. You will receive the opportunity to work alongside a vibrant team, designing multiple projects. This is an extremely busy department and as the organisation continues to expand there will be the opportunity for Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
Key Skills & Experience
Ideally 5 years’ of relevant mechanical design experience
HNC in Building Services Engineering (or an ONC working towards an HNC) is deisrable.
Candidates should be knowledgeable about HVAC and Refrigeration systems, Wet systems (CHW, LTHW, HWS and MCWS systems).
Experience in providing ventilation, heating, cooling, domestic water service and drainage calculations and carrying out intrusive site surveys.
• Assist in the design of high integrity HVAC systems, undertaking design of heating, cooling, ventilation, domestic water services and above ground drainage systems to meet clients design specifications
• Working as part of an established team providing technical support to the company’s installation and commissioning activities
• Software skills, including AutoCad and Microsoft packages
• Knowledge of relevant design tools, techniques and related methods e.g. IT systems, BIM (not essential), calculation packages, etc.
• Liaising with customers which will consist of providing calculations and detailed design drawings
• Strong track record of leading project teams.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Adaptable, resilient and able to work in multidisciplinary settings
. • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Professional, organised, and highly methodical.
Occasional travel throughout the U.K. and overnight stays may be required.
In return for the above we offer an excellent remuneration package which includes:-
• A competitive salary
• Allowances for business-related expenses
• The opportunity to work both on and off-site on a variety of innovative projects throughout the U.K.
• Flexible working hours
• A friendly and comfortable office environment in a quaint commuter area
• The chance to work for a socially conscious business that regularly takes part in charity events
If currently undertaking a relevant building services engineering qualification, then transitional support will be offered to the right candidate