Sheet Metal Worker
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Based in Derby
Hourly rate: £13.96
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established and growing aerospace engineering company as a Sheet Metal Worker as a permanent member of the team. Working with a range of materials and sheet metal tools and equipment.
As a proactive and competent member of the team, you will be responsible for the fabrication and final production of complex multiple parts to ensure internal and customer demands are met.
* Use of hand tools to cut, bend and straighten sheet metal
* Shaping metal over blocks or forms using hammer
* Inspecting, assembling and smoothing seams and joints of welded, brazed or burred surfaces.
* Read and interpret engineering drawings.
* Adhere to technical specifications.
* Follow “Work to Lists” to achieve the relevant productivity levels.
* The clocking on and off of all operations being undertaken
* Identify and communicate improvements to processes or procedures identified during the performance.
* To achieve right first time on all parts.
* To abide by all Health and Safety rules and regulations
* Reading, interpreting and understanding of drawings, work cards, specifications and other relevant technical documents.
* Working with materials such as Titanium, Stainless Steel, Jethete, Nimonics and others.
* Use of visual inspection and documentation in relation to drawings, work cards, specifications and other relevant technical documents.
* The Identification of non-conforming product or process and feed back to the Supervisor.
* Active involvement in Continuous Improvement activities related to production activities.
This role is working on a rotating shift pattern of 6am-2pm, 2pm – 10pm, 10pm – 6am. After a successful 6 month probation the hourly rate will go up to £14.70 and there is a 16% shift allowance on top. There is also over time available should you wish. This fantastic company have gone through some very positive changes. If you are interested in this position, please do not hesitate to contact Lizzy Miller @ Major Recruitment
£10 - £12 Hourly
£11.3 - £11.3 Hourly
£15.4 - £15.4 Hourly
£13.5 - £14 Hourly
£11.5 - £13.5 Hourly
£27k - £32k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual