Software & Electrical Engineer
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
GREEN ECO TECHNOLOGIES are hiring!
Reporting to the General Manager, the Software & Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the design, development and manufacture of hardware and software for integration into equipment manufactured by the Company. Leading the team in the electrical workshop, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Design and development of software for integration into products manufactured by the company.
* The design of electrical control panels for in-house manufacture.
* Testing and commissioning of equipment manufactured by the Company.
* Supporting production and service personnel to develop test and diagnostic procedures for equipment manufactured by the company.
* Ensures program files and information are kept up to date, and stored in accordance with departmental procedures
* Liaising with Production, Sales and Technical departments to ensure
Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance Tests are carried out in a timely and organised manner and in line with customer requirements.
* Providing technical support in the event of breakdowns of legacy machines.
* Assisting with the creation of all relevant documentation associated with equipment manufactured by the company.
* Communicating technical information to other company personnel, customers and suppliers.
Essential Skills & Experience:
* Ideally from an electro-mechanical background you will have proven experience of drives and motion control, preferably gained in the design of bespoke machinery.
* 10+ years relevant experience.
* You will be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of at least 2 of the following software and drive manufacturers:
1. Rockwell (RS Logix 5000, Studio 5000 & Factory Talk)
2. Alan Bradley
3. Control Techniques (SYPT Pro, Machine Control Studio- CODESYS)
4. Siemens (Step 7, TIA Portal)
* A creative problem solver with excellent technical communication and customer facing skills, you will be a confident team player with a ‘hands-on’ approach and used to working under pressure to deadlines.
* Degree HNC/HND level in a relevant discipline, e.g. Electronic Systems/Control Engineering.
* Self-motivated and able to use initiative in prioritising tasks.
* Keen to accept responsibility and accountability.
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Professional manner, able to represent the company to a high standard.
* Good communication skills.
* Self-driven for progressive and continued learning and development.
* Full driving license.
Closing date: 31st July 2019.
If you have not received a response 4 weeks after the closing date your application has not been successful
£27.1k - £31.1k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£24k - £32k Annual
£15 - £15 Annual