Technical Consultant (Cheshire)
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
£40,000 - £50,000 (plus car allowance)
Our client, a leading Technology Service provider has doubled in size over the past decade, providing managed IT services to a selection of private and public sector clients in the North West.
As part of our clients continued commitment to their customers they are recruiting for a Technical Consultant and Infrastructure Manager specialist with at least 3 years experience in a similar role including deployment of infrastructure solutions.
The business is a premier VAR working with best of breed technology and is renowned for their care of customers and ability to deliver. The most important aspect of the chosen individual is their ability to act as part of a team. The business had grown year on year and have extremely strong links with their vendor community.
Key skills and responsibilities:
You must have implementation skills in at least 3 of the following Technical areas:
· Hyper-V or VMware
· Office365 and Exchange
· Active Directory
· Wired and wireless networking (Dell or Cisco)
Experience in the deployment of infrastructure solutions either individually or as a key deliverer in a team.
Implementation experience in the following areas would be preferred:
· Shared Storage (Dell EMC EqualLogic, Compellent, Unity)
· VMware Horizon, Citrix, MS VDI
· Load Balancing/Application Publishing
· Veeam Backup and Disaster Recovery
· Azure Infrastructure
You will be qualified with industry qualifications from Microsoft.
You must be able to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team.
The role of the job includes:
· Implementing new technical infrastructure to agreed deliverables and timescales
· Defining software, hardware and network requirements
· Analysing problems and making recommendations
· Preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to customers
· Post consultancy project handover to the Support Team/customer
· Development and packaging of new technology systems and services
· Presales solution design
You will be expected to go on relevant training courses and pass associated exams to maintain your accreditations at current levels.
In return our client offer a relaxed and friendly working environment, very competitive salary, pension and excellent opportunities to progress your own career.
If you are looking for a fantastic opportunity with a market leading company then please send your CV to and I will then give you a call to discuss in more detail