Service Technician - Port Solutions
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Why come and work at Konecranes? What makes us special?
We don’t just lift things, we lift entire businessesTM
Here at Konecranes we pride ourselves on having a broad portfolio of customers who operate across a wide range of industries; these include Container Handling, Automotive, Aerospace, Construction, Rail, Ports, Power, Waste to Energy, Mining and General Manufacturing to name but a few.
Our reach is impressive, we are a truly global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries.
We believe that customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people who are committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
When you join Konecranes you immediately notice a strong sense of commitment, camaraderie and lots of opportunities to grow professionally within our organisation, as we believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance.
One of our core areas is Port Solutions, from Crane Systems, Lift Trucks, Port Service and Software our presence and service offering is unrivalled to our customers.
We are now recruiting a Service Engineer to join our Port Solutions team in the UK on a full time, permanent basis. We are looking for candidates who are ideally located in the Southampton area and are willing to with travel UK wide, as well as being on a call out rota 1 in 6 weeks.
Your main responsibilities will include:
* Service, repair, installation, commissioning, inspection, and testing of Port Solution products, such as harbour cranes and straddle carriers
* Trouble- shooting equipment malfunctions
* Consulting with customers on repair and safety related issues
* Accurate and descriptive problem reporting
* Completion of inspection and examination documentation as appropriate
What we are looking for in you:
* Electrically-biased, with a good basic understanding of mechanics or a strong mechanical engineer with sound electrical knowledge.
* Proven track record performing preventive maintenance and repairs to machinery
* Be accurate and pays attention to detail.
* Be organised and self-motivated person.
* Computer Literate
* Proven competency to install, inspect, and maintain lifting equipment in accordance with relevant operating/installation instructions and the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
* UK driver’s licence
* Ability to work at height
* Able to spend periods of time away from home
What we offer:
Konecranes Demag is committed to the personal development of all employees and can proudly confirm that these positions include a host of benefits. A Company van with satellite navigation, corporate clothing and mobile telephone are provided. An attractive remuneration/benefits package is offered including a good base salary (dependent upon skills and experience ), you are paid from the moment you leave your home in the morning, regular paid overtime after the basic 40 hours, there is ample opportunity for overtime, call out payment, contributory pension, life assurance scheme, specialised training on high quality products, provision of all equipment and PPE along with excellent company working practices and industry leading training programme