Senior Environmental Consultant (Energy Sector)
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Our client a large national consultancy is looking for an experienced person (senior consultant grade) to join their growing Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) & Environmental Management (EM) team in Glasgow. They are looking for someone with experience of either EIA and EM.
Their EIA/EM teams are currently supporting clients on a range of national and large scale infrastructure projects in the onshore renewables and electricity transmission sectors before, during and after construction.
This will give you the opportunity to be in an influential role on these projects from the outset and lead your response to new market opportunities.
* Managing and overseeing EIA and EM projects from commencement to completion,
* Organising and delivering client-facing presentations and environmental awareness training,
* Coordinating and writing reports related to EIA and EM projects,
* Coordination of multi-disciplinary teams,
* Client relationship management to support repeat business,
* Working with regulators and liaising with clients,
* Preparation of proposals and tenders successfully,
* Pro-active business development to identify new opportunities and win profitable new business.
* 2 to 5 years of previous consultancy experience in a directly related field,
* Experience in one or more of the following sectors would be desirable: conventional power, renewable energy and associated electrical infrastructure, transport, property and electricity transmission,
* A successful track record of winning new work (relative to the grade being applied for),
* Proven ability to build and retain client relationships,
* An excellent knowledge of your technical discipline including the current methods, legislation, techniques and guidance which directs the services we provide,
* An excellent knowledge of project management including a detailed understanding of financial management, programme management and quality control including a track record of returning good profitability and receiving good client feedback,
* Excellent written and oral communication skills,
* Good team player, with the ability to work independently,
* Enthusiastic and well organised,
* Specialist skills in a related subject (e.g. town planning, ecology, hydrology, landscape) would be advantageous but not essential,
* Full UK driving licence.
* BSc degree level qualified in a relevant subject,
* MSc or equivalent would be desirable
* Preferably full member of IEMA and/or Chartered Environmentalist.
Salary and benefits:
* Commensurate with experience,
* Contributory pension scheme,
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
* Regular training and career development.
Interested? Please send your CV to (url removed)