Electrical Design Engineer
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
This role has some scope and can be junior with a view to train, or an experienced electrical design engineer looking to develop their career even further with a dynamic and exciting brand. You will be responsible for designing the electrical schematics and electrical systems for a wide range of products and machines including conveyor systems, storage and retrieval systems, pick and place systems and automated racking systems.
* Selecting and configuring controls, power and safety system architecture for new automation equipment for AC & DC systems
* Designing automated machines, their sub systems or their components using control systems, machinery systems and sub-systems
* Specifying and selecting electrical components, for EU and International applications
* Power calculations and budgeting
* Conducting and participating design review for new product designs and changes/modifications to existing designs
* Design of totes, conveyors and pick and place systems
* Solving engineering problems plus relevant investigation activities, and present root cause analysis and solutions
* Approving and signing off drawings
* Working with relevant regulations
* Be able to review design outputs from both internal and external design resources.
* Support development of design verification test plans.
Skills and Experience required:
* Ability to select standard components and design automation products
* Experience on working on electrical cabinets and control systems for applications globally
* Demonstrated evidence of working with suppliers and contract manufacturers
* Experience of developing products to medium manufacturing volumes.
* Experience of full product development lifecycle.
* Experience of AutoCAD/ AutoCAD Electrical and design software
* Exposure to and/ or experience of working with ePlan P8 Electrical design software
* Experience of simulation of electrical systems
Note that if gaps exist in your experience training can be provided. If you could be interested in working with this fantastic client to learn and develop your career, then please apply today and one of our specialist consultants will be in touch! Please note that if you have not heard from us within 1 working week then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
*Please note, that due to the nature of the clients business, we will be unable to process applications from candidates outside of the UK. Please be advised any applications from candidates who do not hold the right to work in the UK, Tier 1 and/ or Tier 2 work visa then your application will be discarded without feedback.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
£32k - £40k Annual
£32k - £40k Annual
£36k - £36k Annual
£42k - £45k Annual