Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: up to £45 000/ annum (permanent)
Timely Recruit is recruiting Project Manager. Due to rapid growth and exciting opportunities within the sector of utilities and a wide growth in the clientele base, this position has availed itself to the one who will manage multiple projects using specific organisation’s tools and techniques based on best practice.
You will ensure the agreed scope of work is delivered on behalf of the entity and / or their clients and this will be undertaken to the high standards set by organisation. To achieve a successful outcome, theproject manager will follow industry accreditation and security processesand will ensure communication is at a premium throughout the lifecycle of the project.
Please APPLY NOW!
Delivery of projects: The Project Manager will be expected to support colleagues (Sales / Account managers, service delivery managers and other senior members of the organisation’s teams) on the delivery of work for clients. This may involve some client management/liaison.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities: Knowledge of the IT/ SOFTWARE Lifecycle ( ENERGY AND UTILITIES)
* To set and then manage against clear project objectives delivering to within project cost, schedule, scope and quality criteria.
* To manage project financials, including any estimation, accurate actuals tracking, forecast to complete and outturn cost analysis and where appropriate margin tracking.
* To direct, motivate, plan and monitor the project teams’ work and take responsibility for the delivery of the project.
* To act as the primary point of contact for those projects under your control and manage/mentor directly or indirectly all members of the project team, leading by example and getting involved in all aspects of the project from requirements capture through to user documentation and transition to Operational service.
* To work with the client or internal stakeholders and monitor the commercial agreements to track any changes, using the agreed change control procedures, raised by the client to the scope and service being delivered as part of the project
* To contribute to the project planning process by preparing and maintaining a realistic plan for the allocated project by defining a work breakdown structure, identifying deliverables and milestones, risks, estimating resource requirements, creating a network diagram and carrying out critical path analysis.
* To communicate progress through appropriate means such as project reports, meetings with customer representatives and the management.
* To proactively monitor overall program and project progress, resolving risks and issues and initiating corrective action plans as appropriate.
* To take responsibility for overall progress and usage of resources, apply project control mechanisms appropriately to monitor and control the work and to take corrective action;
* To act as the central point of liaison, communications and coordination between technical teams and othe stakeholders throughout the implementationprocess.
* To liaise with the client projects to support them through any given industry registration, accreditation or security processes.
* To build and maintain effective relationships with partners across Sales/Accounts, Operations, IT and Product.
* To successfully work closely with internal stakeholders to deliver internal projects or to support programme activities.
Attributes and Experience
You must possess:
* PROJECT MANAGER - IN DELIVERING SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
* Experience of managing a project delivery across a subset of departments, customers and suppliers
* Prince 2 Qualification
* Knowledge of the IT Lifecycle.
* Utilities industry knowledge and experience would be of benefit
If you meet these requirements and are interested to discuss the role, Please APPLY NOW
£40k - £40k Annual
£475 - £550 Daily
£400 - £450 Daily
£30k - £35k Annual
£50.4k - £50.4k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual