Machine Shop Inspector
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
As a Machine Shop Inspector, you will be working on the night shift and the hours are Sunday to Thursday 10pm to 6am, with a salary package of £28,429 + production bonus of approx. £2400 pa equalling £30,850
The inspector is responsible for performing first off, last off and in process inspection checks on parts manufactured, from goods inwards through to despatch, to ensure the required standard of quality is achieved.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform first off, last off and in process inspection checks on parts manufactured from goods inwards through to despatch through the use of a 3D measuring machine (CMM) and hand-held measuring equipment (Vernier callipers, micrometres, depth gauges and plug gauges etc).
2. Assist with Quality activities as required (MSA studies, Control Plans, Operator Training etc).
3. To conclusively read engineering drawings and understand geometric tolerances.
4. Compile manufacturing inspection records and issue to production.
5. Assist with gauge control /calibration activities.
6. Assist with returned product / complaints etc, as required.
7. Submit shift notes to setter supervisor/superintendent/manager on a daily basis.
8. Roll marker/pin marker set up and pass off.
9. To stop production if parts are incorrect to requirements and alert the appropriate people (setter supervisor/machine shop superintendent).
10. To operate a machine when not conducting inspection duties.
11. To undertake any other duties as requested by the Machine Shop Superintendent or Manager.
Key skills required:
• Previous experience in inspection and quality control
• Experience in a similar level role - this is not a "step up" role. They will need to hit the ground running!
• CMM experience is preferable, and CNC experience would be an advantage.
• Most importantly - the candidate needs to be self-sufficient and confident in their own abilities and decision-making.
This is a large employer that has a lot of opportunity to progress within a growing organisation.
For live job updates direct to your newsfeed like our Facebook page - you can do this by typing "Equation Recruitment" into the Facebook search bar, alternatively visit (url removed)
Equation Recruitment are an equal opportunities employer that operates as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Replying to this advert means that you provide us with authorisation to add you to our database for us to match and contact you to other suitable vacancies
£28.4k - £30.9k Annual
£28k - £31k Annual
£26.7k - £26.7k Annual