Trainee Remedy Application Technical Support Engineer
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary - £35 - £45k
The Trainee Remedy Application Technical Support Specialist will be part of a Support Team responsible for maintaining the availability and delivery of the ESN ITSM Toolset within the UK managed service platform. This is delivered as part of a 24/7/365 support model underpinning the delivery of all associated services and service levels in line with contractual performance levels.
The Remedy ITSM toolset includes SmartIT, MyIT, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, Service Request Management, Service Level Management, CMDB/Asset Management, Discovery and Reporting business solutions (version 9 and newer)
* Reporting to the Application Technical Support Manager within the Technical Support Office.
* We are looking for a highly motivated team player who has a good IT technical background in either development or technical support of a prominent service application and be able to demonstrate competency at a 2nd line support level or who has recently graduated in an IT science and is looking to develop their programming and support skills in the Remedy service management toolset.
* The post holder will be given onsite training and more formal training on the BMC application suite. They will also be mentored by a Remedy consultant.
* The post holder will interact with other operational specialists within the Managed Service Platform, and be a technical interface point.
* Within the given remit the post holder will be responsible for delivering agreed Service Levels and internal KPI’s
* This post holder will be responsible for providing Technical Support; Developing Processes, Policies and Local Work Instructions.
* Provide 2nd and ultimately 3rd line support interfacing with suppliers as required to resolve complex issues and agreeing solutions with Technical Design Authorities
* Delivery of the Remedy Application Technical Support remit ensuring the availability of the function across a 24/7, 365 day pattern including on call requirements
* Ensuring the Remedy Application Infrastructure and systems are patched to the correct level required by our security accreditors.
* Ensuring the Remedy Application and Enabler service uptimes are within the business defined SLAs.
* Ensuring the Remedy Application and Enabler supporting infrastructure hardware is maintained.
* Support and undertake the installation of new or upgraded the Remedy Application and Enabler Infrastructure components, systems and services.
* Support and evolve Operational Acceptance criteria activities
* Support the User Acceptance Testing, User Trials and Service Commencement requirements
* Maintain Technical Support policies, processes and tools related to the Remedy Application and Enablers
* Undertake initiatives to strengthen the Incident Analysts knowledge and capabilities
* Develop Continuous Improvement Plans, identify risks and undertake initiatives to improve performance quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
* Support the Application Technical Support Manager with Vendor and Supplier technical performance and management reviews
* Provide responses to operational escalations and complaints in an effective and professional manner.
* Support the production of reports relating to the IT Technical Support team performance.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to interact and communicate with customers to drive client value
* A proven ability to develop positive working relationships in a distributed team, and to create effective collaboration with direct and extended team members is vital
* Accountable for meeting project deliverable deadlines taking ownership of the work assigned
* Proven ability to work in a pressurised environment autonomously
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Academic and Technical Qualifications:
* Degree, HNC or equivalent in Telecommunications, IP, IT or similar Desirable
* ITIL v3 foundation Desirable
Other technical expertise, experience and knowledge:
* Understanding of ITIL, SIAM and IT Service Management concepts.
* Experience with SQL databases including ability to identify core tables and perform data selects and updates.
* Demonstrable ability to identify improvements in Technical Support SLAs e.g. Incident Resolution, Availability Management, Operate and Maintenance etc
£9 - £12 Hourly
£55k - £63k Annual