Environment, Health & Safety Manager
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + Pension + Bonus
An excellent opportunity has arisen within the UK’s largest manufacturer of advanced materials and specialist components to a wide variety of engineered marketplaces. The company have been established for over 100 years and have an excellent market reputation. They have grown based on its technological development and expertise, leading to a worldwide reputation for high quality products and services based on leading edge technology.
* Providing Health & Safety advice and guidance specific to the business needs, and continuously advising on safe systems of work
* Ensuring that the company is proactive, up-to-date and compliant in regard to HSE legislation
* Coordinating and managing the HSE annual training budget, while, in coordination with the Training Officer, leading the implementation of the company’s HSE training, induction, toolbox and awareness programmes. This will include internal and external training for management, staff and third parties to ensure legal and procedural compliance, as well as improving the company’s understanding, control and management of HSE risks
* Implementing and maintaining ISO standard 45001 by March 2019 and 14001 by 2021
* Managing the company’s inherent HSE risks while identifying other areas of risk and developing measures to reduce and control them
* Carrying out internal audits of the HSE processes and measuring their performance
* Carrying out site inspections to ensure compliance with HSE policies and procedures
* Carrying out specialised risk assessments and advising and training managers and engineers on general risk assessments, while ensuring that all risk assessment documentation is controlled and kept up-to-date
* Ensuring that the HSE management system is correctly administered, including effective document control management
* Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required
* Communicating various HSE findings to the management and assisting in the development of localised improvement plans
* Ensuring that managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment and providing the required management support and technical advice
* Managing HSE legal obligations, including RIDDOR, claims, permit reviews and visits, or information requests from Local authorities and Health & Safety Executive, etc.
* Effectively managing and controlling asbestos on site to ensure the timely implementation of the asbestos management plan within budget
* Presenting a monthly PowerPoint report on HSE to the board and updates on KPIs, key tasks, project progress and continual improvement as a part of the HR, Safety & Compliance review
If you are interested in this role please send a copy of your current CV using the details provided, interviews will be held locally and the company is looking to recruit this role as soon as possible.
ETS Consulting Ltd – Recruitment specialists with specific areas of expertise in the Manufacturing, Technical, Engineering and Sales markets.
ETS Consulting Limited act as an employment business and employment agency and are registered in England and Wales as ETS Consulting Limited, registered no (phone number removed). Registered office address 24 Broad Street, Salford, Lancashire, M6 5BY.
If one of our consultants contacts you in relation to this role, please be aware that as part of our registration process you will be required to provide ETS Consulting with proof of your identity along with proof of your eligibility to work in the United Kingdom