Validation and Verification Lead Spear Launcher
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
An opportunity has arisen to lead the validation and verification activities for the SPEAR3 Launcher. MBDA UK is developing the SPEAR3 (Selected Precision Effects At Range) missile and associated weapon system. This new, F-35 compatible, air-to-surface missile would allow an attack with high precision and low collateral damage at stand-off ranges with a cost-efficient missile, against a very broad range of surface targets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Validation and Verification activity for the SPEAR3 Launcher. This activity includes:
- Definition of verification means and ownership for all of the launcher requirements.
- Liaison with technical departments in Bristol and Stevenage (e.g. Electrical, Mechanical, Safety, Testability etc.) to corroborate the planned verification activity.
- Status reporting of the verification progress including the maintenance of a compliance matrix.
- Producing compliance statements based on the evaluation of evidence for use in producing Certificates of Design.
- This is the first time that MBDA have developed an airborne launcher system and you will be at the forefront of establishing the means of proving the overall system, firstly for trials and then later for flight operations. This includes meeting the challenge of managing the proving for multiple variants of the launcher.
- The systems team employ a Model Based Systems Engineering Process and so the proving activity will be managed within this context.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in system proving campaigns for defence-standard hardware and software.
- A sound understanding of generic system engineering processes.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Previous use of DOORS.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools (preferably RTC).
- Knowledge of System Modelling using SysML (preferably Rhapsody).
What’s in it for you?
- Experience gained rapidly over the full product lifecycle to meet immediate project needs.
- Training courses on MBSE, systems engineering and product technology as required.
- On the job training within an existing team of experts.
- Opportunities for progression, both in the short term and over a longer period, in technical and managerial directions.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
What’s great about the team?
- It is a specialist and forward-thinking team using MBSE to develop launcher technology and equipment for current projects and future reuse.
- It connects all parts of the wider project, from high-level platform-level needs to detail specification and verification at equipment-level.
- It is a small team with
- Clear purpose;
- A collegiate and rewarding working environment;
- A strong and cooperative team ethic;
- A commitment to quality;
- A willingness to embrace change and to challenge out-dated working practices;
- A clear identity within the wider project;
- Value placed on diversity.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)