FC/ASW Bid Technical Lead (UK)
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the future of the next strategic MBDA International project (FC/ASW). This role will need to coordinate the technical bid engaging with a wide set of internal stakeholders and suppliers while also working with the French and UK customer.
FC/ASW is a programme replacing key sovereign capabilities for both France and UK, namely Deep Strike (currently fulfilled by SS/EG) and Anti-Ship (currently filled by Exocet and Harpoon). This role will be key to securing the next phase of the programme for MBDA.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to influence, work autonomously and communicate effectively (Essential)
- Experience of managing a project or a bid (Essential)
- Flexibility and adaptability (Essential)
- Ability to handle uncertainty and complexity (Essential)
- Technical bidding experience (managing cost and scope) (Desirable)
- Customer and supplier management experience (Desirable)
- Understanding of MBDA organisation(Desirable)
- DV security clearance (Desirable)
What’s in it for you?
- Highly visible role with significant senior oversight
- Being a key role in the FC/ASW project team, leading to other opportunities as project grows
- Being part of the key future European collaboration
- International experience with France but potentially also wider in Europe, including travel
- Direct engagement and experience with UK and French customers and understand their environment
- An excellent opportunity to understand the MBDA organisation and also engage key suppliers
- Develop an important skill and understating of the technical bid process
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- Responsible for defining an affordable Assessment Phase (next development phase) Statement of Work Weapon System Concepts
- Engage the customers to understand what their needs are for the next contract and their decision process
- Broad engagement with MBDA Functions and Suppliers to define the scope of work
- Support work to manage affordability by considering trades between cost and scope
- This role is fundamental to achieving a critical MBDA group objective
What’s great about the team?
- Fast passed project with an excellent and motivated multi-national team
- Working on a highly advanced set of weapon concepts with innovative technologies
- Team has close engagement with customers
- Part of Future Systems so get the chance to understand the range of work conducted
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)