Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
This is primarily an office-based role requiring an enthusiastic team player with a positive and proactive outlook to handle new and existing customers. Listed below are the main functions that the job involves but this is by no means exhaustive. In simple terms, you will have three aims: to find the work, to cover the work, and to get paid for the work.
- Maintaining (and where necessary initiating) regular contact with existing customers and prospects.
- Research sales leads and following-up on these leads by telephone, e-mail and/or letter.
- Listening to and evaluating the customer’s expectations and converting these into what can legally be achieved and educating them where this cannot.
- Preparing and submitting tenders/quotations for transport movements where required using the systems provided and your own/your colleague’s expertise as appropriate.
- Following-up tenders/quotations and where appropriate negotiating the best deal for the company whilst maintaining the viability of the job.
- Checking that the customer has a valid credit account or that alternative arrangements are made to secure payment in accordance with company policy.
- Accepting verbal or written orders and using relevant customer relation management programmes input these into database
- Liaising with operations staff and where necessary driving staff to ensure they have a clear understanding of the customers’ requirements.
- Selecting and negotiating with sub-contractors in a timely, professional and profitable manner when our own fleet is unable to undertake a movement.
- Ensuring, as far as is reasonably possible, that the sub-contractor has the necessary information, resources and ability to complete the task as required.
- Processing, via CRM programmes to show full invoicing comments & prices agreed with the customer, and where appropriate, sub-contractor(s). These must be completed in a timely manner to enable invoices to be issued promptly
- Obtaining proof of deliveries and supplying these to customers where required along with any other information the customer may require in order to process our invoice(s).
- Assisting the accounts department, if required, to secure payment from the customer i.e. locating purchase orders and/or other supporting documentation, answering queries etc.
- Monthly feedback reports to Sales Manager of leads and account status
- Customer Service
- Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word & Excel
- Networking and interpersonal skills
*TRANSPORT & THIRD-PARTY LOGISTICS EXPERIENCE OR IMPORT & EXPORT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED*
If you are interested in this position, please apply and upload your up-to-date CV and we will be in contact
£25k - £40k Annual
£25k - £60k Annual
£25k - £60k Annual
£18k - £20k Annual
£23.5k - £25.5k Annual
£17k - £18k Annual
£18k - £22k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£19k - £19k Annual