Heavy Lift Engineer/Appointed Person
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
* Your main responsibility as the Appointed Person will be to ensure the safe planning and control of crane lifting operations.
* Reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, this is a fixed term position to be based at Hinkley Point for approximately 12 months although the contract may be extended depending on the volume of work.
* Identify, develop and test advanced technical solutions.
* Develop and apply structural calculations to evaluate, select and test operations.
* Apply solutions that improve the integrity and function designs.
* Follow the applicable requirements of legislation, regulations and codes of practice relating to lifting duties.
* Liaise with internal and external customers including face to face interaction on site.
* Manage projects through to execution using engineering principles and techniques.
Experience & Requirements:
* A blue or red AP card and Safety Passport is essential.
* Proven knowledge and experience of AutoCAD and MS Office(this is essential).
* Proven knowledge and experience of Hand Drawings/Calculations(this is essential).
* Ideally 3 years plus experience as an AP.
* Understanding of technical codes and standards.
* Excellent attitude and proven behaviour towards health and safety.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Good level of English both verbal and written.
* Must be willing to travel to Hinkley Point.
* Valid UK driving licence.
Hours Of Work & Remuneration Package:
Hours of Work:
Monday - travel day
Tuesday to Saturday - 6.30am to 5.30pm
Sunday - paid day off
Monday to Thursday - 6.30am to 5.30pm
Friday - 7.30am to 12.30pm
Saturday and Sunday - days off
* £50-65k dependent on skills and experience (inclusive of overtime).
* Overnight allowance.
* Paid accommodation.
* Fuel allowance.
* Bonus scheme dependent on company and individual performance.
* Life assurance.
* Company pension