Branch Trading and Sales Support Executive
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Folkestone, Kent
Full Time: 45 hours/week
Salary: £26,000 per annum + Performance Related Bonus + pension
Since starting in 2003, FFX have become one of the UK’s largest independent suppliers of high-quality tools, fixings and building supplies; now we want you to play a key role in our future by joining our busy Folkestone branch.
We are looking to recruit a Branch Trading and Sales Support Executive to assist with the buying and ongoing review of products along with supporting the Technical Sales team through the timely preparation of quotes.
Assisting the Branch Manager and supported by an Administration Assistant you will ensure that we remain competitive in the local market place in line with our company vision of “the widest range of products, delivered quickly with great service, readily available and offered at a truly competitive price”.
A newly created and varied role, this includes:-
• Reviewing the marketplace, identifying areas to develop, making recommendations and liaising with internal departments to develop promotions and sales opportunities for the Branches.
• The timely preparation of quotes when enquiries are telephoned or emailed through, either through existing suppliers or through new suppliers if better terms are available. This can also include sourcing suppliers where items requested are not currently available from the existing supplier portfolio.
• Preparing quotes quickly and accurately to support the Technical Sales team’s priorities of delivering first class service to its customer base in a highly competitive environment.
• Placing orders, ordering stock, arranging deliveries/collections and liaising with internal and external customers.
• Analysis of all quotes, preparing proposals for presentation at Management and Board Meetings to ensure FFX improves sourcing, buying, availability etc. with the aim of improving conversion rates.
• Be able to present findings and recommendations for improvements at the Management Meeting if requested by the Branch Manager.
• Assisting with negotiating and building long term and ongoing relationships with suppliers including involvement in meetings as and when required.
• Managing the communication of all information requested by customers or given to FFX, including but not limited to ETAs, price queries, order acknowledgements, variations to orders, transport costs, site issues likely to make deliveries difficult, and timing of delivery slots.
• Identifying orders from branch customers which suggest further sales opportunities (e.g. a large order for blocks might be the initial requirement of a self-build house, or an extension, where considerable quantities of other materials will be needed); passing these potential customers to the appropriate technical salesperson and following up to ensure the customer has been contacted.
• Consistently demonstrating and adhering to the brand values at all times.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience
• Excellent office/administration skills are key in order to manage the Branch Trading and Sales Support Administrator’s workload and priorities, and ensure timely delivery of all reports, documents, confirmatory emails etc.
• Previous experience in the sales office of a builder’s merchant is desirable.
• Knowledge of construction methods (steel frame, concrete frame, timber frame etc.) and the materials and fixings used in each type of construction method is also desirable.
• Strong IT and system ability.
• A good working knowledge of building products, tools and fixings is essential.
• Excellent attention to detail, an ability to juggle numerous tasks while working to tight deadlines and a calm, organised presence are key qualities.
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
• Strong customer service ethos.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Ability to think outside the box.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Strong numeracy and literacy skills with high attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and organised.
• Strong team player who can also work well independently.
• Proactive with a high level of common sense and drive to make things happen.
These duties are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business, Additional duties, responsibilities and products may also be required.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today
£30k - £35k Annual
£100k - £100k Annual
£65k - £70k Annual
£32k - £34k Annual