Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
An opportunity has arisen to lead the research and development of auto-routing algorithms for next generation standoff weapons, working as a key member of the mission planning and control team.
What are we looking for?
- A relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Science based Degree (or equivalent)
- Excellent reasoning, analytical thinking with the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
- Experience in algorithm specification, development and validation (preferably using Matlab).
- Exposure to software architectures, technologies and methods.
What’s in it for you?
- Ownership of the Mission Planning and Control Algorithms Work Packages
- Working with a variety of projects
- Opportunity to work right across the systems development lifecycle
- Flexible development path
- Opportunity to travel to other MBDA Sites in the UK and Europe
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- Researching and developing future concepts, researching new methods and technologies
- Working with existing projects to develop, integrate and validate the weapon system algorithms or technologies.
- Examples include optimal path techniques, multi-criteria constraint optimisation, AI, machine learning techniques, trajectory modelling and GIS techniques
- Full time role, however part time hours considered
What’s great about the team?
- “I am always looking for how we can develop and improve existing Mission Planning tools to provide future weapons and customers with capabilities beyond that of our threats”.
- “Working with a team from wide ranging backgrounds drawn from the services, research, teaching, other parts of the company and other large engineering companies.”
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)