Senior Analyst (Children's Reporting)
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
* Support the provision of high quality management information and performance reporting for the Council, Members, and partners.
Key features of person spec
* Knowledge of local authority data sets – specifically, children’s social care and early help data, as specified by statutory and regulatory definitions and recorded in Liquid Logic
* Proven expertise in developing reports in Power BI to deploy dynamic management and performance information to children’s services managers
* Strong and effective interpersonal skills in groups, teams and one-to-one situations in order to support knowledge transfer about the dashboards that have been built and the use of Power BI, and to support communication with children’s services staff to ensure user sign-off
* IT & technical skills - Proven ability in statistical analysis and experience of database manipulation and reporting – specifically, skills in implementing and developing Power BI dashboards. Experience of SQL (Structured Query Language, VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) Business Objects and Excel will be useful.
Specific project tasks:
1 Working as part of a team, to develop Power BI reports for the delivery of dynamic management and performance information to children’s services managers, including
1 Designing the presentation of CCC reports so that these are as similar to current PCC presentations as possible
2 Build of new Power BI reports, with an agreed and consistent approach across the team
3 Documentation of Power BI report specifications, contents and definitions of data items included
4 Liaising with end users throughout to inform design, build, testing, sign off and training for the roll out of new reports
2 To ensure that knowledge and skills are transferred to BI team so they are able to maintain and develop dashboards
Data for the reports will be extracted using Business Objects queries (already complete)
Reports will be grouped under the following headings (subject to detailed specification and planning), with up to 30 items per report, and referencing a number of different BO data extracts
* Visits , assessments , caseloads and supervisions - 19 items
* Safeguarding (including Child Protection, Family Safeguarding and children in need) – 26 items
* Corporate Parenting (including Children in Care and Care Leavers) – 23 items
* Early Help – 22 items
* Front Door
* Risks – 8 items
Power BI reports may also need developing for other children’s services or for specific projects.
Dashboards must be ready by go live date (28 October 2019), having successfully completed user-acceptance testing
The resource that is estimated to be required is 14 weeks x 2 FTE. However this estimate is subject to revision once the build project is underway.
The build project will be co-ordinated by the Senior Analyst (Children’s). The overseeing manager will be the BI Manager. The build project will be supported by input from the analysts in the BI team.
There will be review points at 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 10 weeks at which progress against plan will be reviewed and a decision on the resourcing required to deliver the plan will be made
£45k - £50k Annual
£55k - £75k Annual
£350 - £500 Daily
£36k - £48k Annual