Product Quality Assessor
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Must have these essential Prototype specific skills:
- Experience of machining processes utilised within the Automotive or Aerospace industry
- Experience working in a low volume, high complexity manufacturing operations environment
- Excellent understanding of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Ability to adapt efficiently to changing priorities whilst maintaining delivery performance
- Experience leading a small team of Quality Technicians
- Experience of Continuous Improvement techniques and process change management
* Responsible for applicable systems related to Prototype customer issues such as corrective action requests, supplier corrective action requests, nonconforming material reports, etc.
* Leads containment activities.
* Facilitates continuous improvement quality activities to reduce the potential for defects, and ensures continual improvement in process and product design.
* Ensures products and process development meet quality standards.
* Identifies problems, prioritises actions, leads or participates in Six Sigma projects.
* Participates in change management activities by verifying products and processes, developing key measures, and analysing data for decision support.
* Conducts audits of processes and quality systems.
* Works with purchasing to improve the quality of purchased parts.
* Serve as a quality technical resource to other functional areas.
* Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
* Quality Leadership (Cummins Operating System) - Demonstrates knowledge of the Cummins
* Operating System, quality management systems by applying the ten practices to assess business segment and functional performance, set strategy aligned with business needs and create consistency of purpose for continuously improving products, processes, services; enables data driven decision making and removes barriers to enable individuals to have line of sight to the customer; uses metrics to drive continuous improvement.
* Problem Solving - Solves problems using a systematic analysis process by leveraging industry standard methodologies to create problem trace ability and protect the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem re occurrence.
* Advanced Product Quality Planning - Leads the technical quality planning and ensures customer satisfaction through structured and measurable processes as defined by industry standard.
* Dimensional Metrology - Applies dimensional measurement science in the development and application of measurement/inspection processes that deliver capable measurement results, supporting design validation and conformity assessment meeting regulatory, customer and product requirements.
* Mechanical Metrology - Applies mechanical measurement science in the development and application of measurement/inspection processes that deliver capable measurement results, supporting design validation and conformity assessment meeting regulatory, customer, and product requirements.
* Physical Metrology - Applies physical measurement science in the development and application of measurement/inspection processes that deliver capable measurement results, supporting design validation and conformity assessment meeting regulatory, customer, and product requirements.
* Quality System Management - Guides in the practice and application of quality system standards required by international certification bodies, industry specific regulatory authorities and customer’s contractually specified requirements
* Non Destructive Evaluation - Interprets the results of standard test methods to identify nonconforming indications against approved acceptance criteria to inspect components; develops new test methods or probes to detect features of interest when existing methods are inadequate to successfully assess the material and/or geometry to solve problems; identifies emerging inspection technologies considering detection limits, equipment cost, and processing speed to improve inspection effectiveness.
* Product Problem Solving - Solves product problems using a process that protects the customer;determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; and identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem re occurrence.
* Technical Documentation - Documents information based on knowledge gained as part of technical function activities; communicates to stakeholders with the goal of enabling improved technical productivity and effective knowledge transfer to others who were not originally part of the initial learning.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer