Senior Project Engineer
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: £50k to £55k (plus benefits & car)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a team of project engineers for a world-leading industrial gases and engineering company who are responsible for delivering new products and services to the market and have a considerable impact on the growth agenda.
Based in Brinsworth the successful candidate will have had the full 360 degree experience of project management from cradle to grave, ensuring projects are delivered in full, on time, to budget and meet the overall strategy objectives.
Develop & execute projects (typically £100,000 to £3M), including feasibility studies, estimates, proposals for both internal projects and third-party sales across the UK & Ireland.
Responsible for delivery of approved engineering projects safely, on time and on budget to meet the needs of the business.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
* To be commercially astute in ensuring that project design/costs developed are competitive & fit for purpose to support the business to deliver the required returns/win new 3rd party sales while balancing SHEQ requirements.
* Responsible for identifying and controlling project risk including through ensuring that the appropriate project execution strategies are implemented. This includes variation management to increase sales and limiting/controlling supplier/contractor variations.
* To plan, manage and co-ordinate engineering resource (internal & external) to execute projects.
* To develop Project Proposals to seek financial approval for project budgets.
* Manage a safe system of work, meeting company standards and local regulatory requirements.
* Ensure that contractors demonstrate ownership and understanding of SHEQ strategy and objectives and that the teams comply with statutory requirements, company policies and procedures.
* Build effective relationships with key customers and suppliers to ensure that the department is customer (internal & externally) focussed and responsive.
* Ensure good engagement & communication with the customer (internal or external) throughout the project lifecycle. Seek and act on customer feedback.
* Manage resources to ensure that all activities are performed effectively and safely carried out within legislative and Management Systems frameworks e.g. IMSS standards, Health & Safety at Work Act, COMAH Regulations, COSHH, WSOE, PSSR, ISO9001, ISO14001 etc.
* Be an advocate and take a proactive lead continually looking to improve safety. Ensure contractors are sufficiently trained, competent and have the necessary capacity to fulfil their SHEQ responsibilities in executing a project. Traccess and Practical Competency Assessments are completed for all contractors and they are compliant with IMSS standards
* Set high standards in SHEQ. Maintain SHEQ metrics for your projects
Qualifications / Experience required:
* The successful candidate will be degree qualified in either Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
* A min of 10 years competent experience in project engineering in an operating/manufacturing company environment.
* MUST be able to demonstrate the following in recent career history:
* Ability to convert a ‘one-liner’ project objective/request to a fully defined/understood scope in consultation with the sponsor and/or stakeholders.
* Ability to liaise and leverage internal Discipline (Process, Process Safety, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument, Control, etc.) Engineers, who are not part of Projects Department, to check viability of scope and develop from bottom up, initially high level and subsequently detailed:
* Engineering Scope/Design.
* Timeline/Schedule (using MS Project).
* Resource Schedule.
* Costs (±30% → ±5%).
* Assist sponsor to develop a business case to secure funds from the business.
* Ability to develop procurement plan, identify supplier/contractor, develop invitation to tender, carry out bid review, engage and manage supplier/contractor.
* Ability to lead the installation/commissioning/validation/demonstration/handover activities on site.
* Competent in project engineering in either contracting or operating company environments, proposals, tendering, sub-contract activity, financial/cost management.
* Proven track record of delivering projects on time, cost and to appropriate SHEQ standards
* Managing sub-contract activity
* NEBOSH Certificate desirable
* Chartered or working towards is desirable
* Should have a project management qualification or affiliation with a recognised body (e.g. APM) is desirable.
Industry sector possibly gas-cylinder filling, nuclear, pharmaceutical, medical device, processing, chemical, etc.; SME (Small and Medium-sized Enterprise) organisations may be more suitable.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a Multi-National company offering growth and stability. Call mike at Totec to discuss the role in complete confidence or send your CV to Totec today
Oil & Gas / Water Industry / Utilities / Medical Devices / Pharma / Heavy Machinery / Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer / Project Engineer / Nuclear / SME / Gas Cylinder