Senior IT Platform Engineer
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
A leadership role, you will report directly to the Head of IT with responsibilities for platform maintenance, virtualisation, and VoIP technologies. They operate a 24/7 platform with a targeted uptime of 100%, certified under PCI DSS and ISO 27001.
Primary responsibilities include the scheduling and implementation of patches and updates across multiple platforms and technologies, analysis of SIP transit, and liaising with technical 3rd parties regarding system connectivity.
In return, the role offers an opportunity to learn and grow within a high-growth international FinTech company, an individual training package, as well as a competitive salary.
Core responsibilities for this role will include:
* Responsible for physical and virtualised server management, including patching routines across a Microsoft environment
* Planning and implementing the release of bespoke software
* Management of SQL Server database server, to include optimisation and health checks
* Windows Server domain management
* Assisting business analysts with designing technical solutions
* Providing technical assistance to third-party developers connecting to our infrastructure
* Analysis of SIP traffic for fault finding and diagnostic purposes
* Demonstratable experience in server management
* Demonstratable experience of solution releases
* Previous experience of optimising SQL environments
* Production of detailed system schematics
* An understanding of the SIP standard is essential
* An understanding of basic programming, including C# and SQL would be highly advantageous
Package and Benefits:
* Salary: £30K - £40K per annum; dependant on experience.
* 8.30am -5pm, Monday - Friday
* 20 days holidays + stats
* Staff incentive days
* Free parking
IT is a specialist division here at Venatu Recruitment Group. If you’re currently seeking a change in your career and feel you match the desired criteria, please do get in touch and we would be happy to discuss the role with you in further detail.
At Venatu Recruitment Group, your right to privacy is important to us. By applying for this job, your information will be entered into our recruitment system.