Business Development Manager - FREIGHT FORWARDING
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
The Business Development Manager will be based in the NORTH WEST area selling a full range of Air Freight, Sea Freight and 3PL Logistics services throughout the NORTH WEST and YORKSHIRE area along the M62 CORRIDOR
£35,000 to £45,000 Basic Salary, plus car, commission and other benefits
Summary & Responsibilites
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company committed to providing quality, innovative, value add logistics services.
The client is a rapidly expanding supplier of transport and logistics services.
The role of the Sales Representative is to win new business and work to agreed budget targets and also work as an integral part of the Sales Team with responsibility for generating new business opportunities and account management that will produce desired revenue goals.
• To promote and sell the clients Air & Sea brand to a wide range of clients in the North West and Yorkshire area
• Generating business on Air and Sea, both Import and Export and in line with the companies targets
• Ability to self generate leads and opportunities
• Cold calling to create appointments
• Fulfilling client visits – expectation of 30 per month
• Ability to generate profitability from all clients won
• Complete Sales reports, manage own pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedure on our CRM system
• Be capable of creating rate proposals with profitability added to attract new clients
• Actively promote our other clients services and Solutions
• Ideally minimum 2 years experience within a sales role within the Freight Forwarding Industry, International Parcels/Courier or Pallet Distribution industry.
• Preference for experience within a global forwarding enviroment
• Ability to demonstrate the passion and hunger to succeed
• Show a strong understanding of how to generate proftiability
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word etc.)
• Show competent presentation skills and experience within Powerpoint to enhance the company profile
• Ability to communicate at all levels within the business, good persuasive and negotiation skills
• Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with excellent pipleine forecasting
• Salary in line with industry standards
• Immediate enrolement into the companies bonus structure
• Company Car or Car allowance
• Laptop and Smart Phone as standard