Electrician - Fixed Wire Testing & Installation Engineer Supervisor
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Job Title: Electrician - Fixed Wire Testing & Installation Engineer Supervisor (Mobile)
Job Type: Full-Time; Permanent
Salary: £17.50ph + Overtime
Benefits: Company Van, 31 Days Holiday and Travel Pay
Atalian Servest Arthur McKay are seeking a talented Supervisor to carry out and oversee fixed wire testing and remedial work within our FM Compliance Department. The role will be based from the Glasgow office mainly working at The University of Glasgow but sometimes on other contracts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to be part of our growing compliance department within a large well known and established company. The individual will play a vital role to Atalian Servest Technical Services, working alongside an already successful Hard Services team to ensure that the operations are contractually and regulatory compliant and represent excellence in service delivery. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a positive set of behaviors and a flexible approach to ensure contract compliance. To be the lead for all technical issues and management of all electricians.
- To carry out and oversee fixed wire testing and inspections on commercial projects.
- To schedule work and order materials for operatives.
- To oversee and carry out various types of remedial works including board changes, partial rewires, fault finding, installing containment and changing accessories to a high standard as and when required.
- To be familiar with costing jobs, scheduling, seeing them completed to a high standard in a safe manner and on time.
- To report on progress to line manager on a regular basis.
- To have good communication skills when dealing with clients and colleagues.
- To carry out regular site, vehicle, tool and equipment audits as well as give toolbox talks and technical support to ensure the workforce works efficiently and meets all KPI and SLA requirements.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in managing electrical contracts is essential.
- Sound knowledge of testing, inspecting and the completion of Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR) within commercial buildings ranging from offices, schools and retail.
- Ability to take responsibility for a task and see it through to a successful conclusion.
- To have previous knowledge of electrical testing software and basic knowledge of Excel and Word would be beneficial.
- City & Guilds 2391 or 2394/2395 Testing and Inspection certification is essential.
- SJIB Graded Approved Electrician.
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety matters including filling out risk assessments and method statements.
- ECS/CSCS card.
- Full clean driving license.
- DBS approved.
This role may require Disclosure Scotland, Baseline or other similar security clearance.
Hours and Environment
Working hours are mainly nightshifts comprising of 4 x 10 hours (Mon - Thursday) which are paid at SJIB overtime rates but there is also an element of dayshifts when nights are not an option.
For this role you will be supplied with a company van, fuel card, laptop, smartphone, power tools, multimeter and company clothing. Further training may also be offered.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience, please send your CV along with a Cover Letter outlining your suitability for this role and notice period to (Email Removed)
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
£18k - £19k Annual
£350 - £400 Daily
£60k - £70k Annual
£30k - £34k Annual