Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
The key to success will be a consulting, collaborative, pragmatic style; results-focussed with the ability to drive clarity and bring a structured approach in a constantly changing environment.
The successful candidate will join the Global Digital Portfolio Delivery Team as a Business Analyst. Our client aims to build on the Company’s great reputation with its clients for project delivery and develop industry- leading best practices, tools and techniques.
Responsibilities - Business Analyst
* Consult with a diverse set of business stakeholders to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs
* Clearly articulate and document desired business outcomes and transform them into clear functional and non-functional requirements and delightful, user-centric solution designs.
* Build strong product knowledge of the vendor products and platforms you are working with and use that expertise to articulate the art-of-the-possible in meeting desired business goals and functionality.
* Manage requirements and product definition for several projects concurrently
* Proactively identify where business processes or policies may need to be changed or defined
* Proactively bring together cross-functional stakeholders to define and agree non-functional requirements including security, data integrity, lifecycle management etc.
* Work closely with the project and technical specialist teams to ensure business needs are understood and met by the overall project or agile product team
* Engage with business partners and influence project decisions; assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands
* Manage business stakeholder relationship and expectation to maintain alignment, trust, credibility and a high level of customer satisfaction with the delivery team
* Work with all project stakeholders to make sure they have a full understanding of their responsibilities and commitments to the project, as well as the impact of the project on their respective businesses
* Assist with the preparation of user acceptance testing, test management and script development
* Contribute to business change and end user engagement activities to ensure business outcomes are successfully achieved
* Contribute to ongoing improvement through our business analysis community of practice
Requirements and skills - Business Analyst
* Familiarity with data, business rules, logic, relationships and processes across Client, Finance, HR domains ideally in a professional services environment
* Working knowledge of compliance, security and risk concepts, and local and global regulations
* Skillful execution of Agile methodologies and teams as well as Waterfall as appropriate
* Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, being able to manage and influence stakeholders of all levels and tailoring the content and approach to the specific audience
* Risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills
Desirable - Business Analyst
* Strong background in back-office systems – Finance, HR, Payroll, Corporate data / reporting, CRM – ideally Oracle-based, i.e. E-Business Suite or JD Edwards, but other ERP experience will be considered
* Experience with cloud-based back-office systems (e.g. Concur, Taleo)
* User experience design and usability in a digital context
* Workflow automation and process re-engineering
* The candidate will have worked on global implementations with multiple work streams or multiple concurrent projects
* Proficient in Business Intelligence and analytics tools (e.g. Power BI)
* Working knowledge of SQL or similar for use in business analytics and testing efforts
* Proven experience in business process modelling and design ideally within an ERP context
* Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
Personal Qualities - Business Analyst
Professional, with attention to detail - always seeking quality and excellence in their work
Collaborative approach and willingness to work as an integral part of the team
Excellent consulting and stakeholder management skills, ability to challenge and influence, as well as inspire confidence and build enthusiasm for change
Strong influencing and negotiation skills working with multiple stakeholders (at all levels and across regions/virtually) with differing or complex views- with an ability to assess a situation and confidently influence and define the best approach to achieve the desired outcome
A problem-solver, always seeking the best solution for the right outcome
Friendly manner, with a willingness to adapt style and approach to achieve quality results
Self-motivated, results-focussed, pragmatic with the ability to manage conflicting deadlines and prioritise
Rapid, enthusiastic learner who quickly becomes a leading authority
Enjoys engaging and collaborating with others in different culture, countries and timezones on a day-to-day basis with some adhoc travel anticipated
Education - Business Analyst
Educated to degree level
A professional BA accreditation (e.g. ISEB or BCS Diploma in Business Analysis)
Prince 2 / PMP qualifications an advantage
Business Analysis experience with back-office systems / processes
Reward and Benefits - Business Analyst
Competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in the sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance