Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
We have an opportunity for a qualified and experienced Manual Miller Turner to join our clients growing team, which is based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. You will join the team on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary dependant on experience.
About the Manual Miller Turner role:
We are looking to appoint a time-served person with good engineering skills, who has experience of conventional centre lathe turning, milling and drilling, gained in a small production environment.
As our new Miller Turner, you will manufacture/machine small batches of various-sized products, working from engineering drawings and with minimum supervision.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Manual Miller Turner:
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Setting up jobs of various sizes
- Taking responsibility for tidiness and control of your own working area
- Communicating to the machine shop supervision any slippages associated with the work being carried out
- Completing the inspection of individual items as per the specified requirement
- Setting up Centre Lathes, Mills and Drills
- Ensuring that you are aware of and work to procedures and work instructions
- Overtime working may be required, occasionally at short-notice
Essential skills and experience required to become our Manual Miller Turner:
- Ideally apprentice trained as a Machinist
- Experience of working with stainless steel is essential
- Ability to work to own initiative
£10k - £10k Annual
£20k - £20k Annual
£26k - £26k Annual
£10 - £12 Hourly