Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
Our clients test laboratory provides a critical test service to the design and development of Orthopaedic implants and instruments.
Our clients Biomechanics team is now recruiting for a Test Engineer to join them!
This role will focus on testing instruments intended for use in orthopaedic surgery through biomechanical means, including fatigue endurance and load to failure testing.
This is a new contract role, offered initially on a 12 month contract basis working 37 hours per week.
* Free on site parking
* On site gym
* Subsidised restaurants and branded coffee shops
* Competitive pay
* Weekly pay
* Pension contributions
* Conduct new product development and research testing work, duties include but not limited to: Liaising and understanding requirements of work requests from Bio-engineers, translation of requests into practical in vitro tests, planning and execution of tests, analysis of data, completion of formal reporting and discussion with customers during and post activity to assess requirements for additional work.
* Advanced skills in report writing, Statistics and programming.
* Assist other Test Engineers as and when required on a variety of projects.
* Help other Test Engineers in the lab to perform testing if necessary.
* Contribute to departmental initiatives and meetings (within laboratory and wider R+D).
* Testing with scientific rigur, analysis of data, interpretation of results, recommendation of future test methods, report compilation.
* Participate in the development, component specification, building and validation of equipment employing electronics (such as instruments including transducer, controllers and triggers applied to test machines).
* Maintain laboratory inspection/test equipment by ensuring that equipment is serviceable, including but not limited to; actively working or organizing subcontractors as required, ensuring calibration to schedule, servicing and maintenance, breakdown repairs.
* New equipment and facilities: Assist with Capital Expenditure (CapEx) justification, including defining the specification and introduction to the laboratory area, examples include but are not limited to Critical systems change form, internal Qualification, calibration, risk assessment, staff training and developing work instructions.
* Design and facilitate manufacture of one off fixtures to support the lab activities as required utilizing CAD. Maintain register and storage of fixtures.
* Develop a mechanism for planning and recording machine usage including all activities of work tasks, calibration and maintenance.
Experience and qualifications:
* A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience is required.
* Experience in analytical testing is desired.
* Experience working with multiple international customers is a bonus.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and think laterally to improve upon the range of testing offered would be a bonus.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Presentation skills, written and oral.
* Report writing.
* Independent working.
* A team player with the ability to complete tasks through interaction with team members.
* Excellent written and oral skills.
* Result driven.
* Excellent social skills.
* Able and willing to work in a complex organization with highly detailed rules and regulations.
* Computer literate.
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV. Please ensure your up to date contact details are on your CV before applying. If your application is shortlisted, we will call you and discuss the role in further detail to ensure this role is what you are looking for and meets our clients needs.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business