Site Engineer - Railway - Handover
Posted on Jul 2, 2019 by CV-Library
To support the Employer for the Paddington Station Project to close out technical issues and assurance documentation for Stakeholders, contractors and the project team and other entities related to the project.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Coordinate between various entities such as the appointed Contractors, Crossrail’s Engineer’s Group (CEG) and other internal and external stakeholders for the review and approval of assurance documentation, including coordination of interfaces and management of delivery and completion.
* Assist the PDE with the management of Stakeholder requirements (RfL, MTR, CEG and the Project Team).
* Keeping the Suppliers Rep informed of technical issues on site.
* Monitoring the contractor in ensuring that proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality compliance.
* Monitoring the contractor’s compliance with their ITPs and participating in witness and review points, seeking support as required from the Railway Systems discipline specialists.
* Providing input to the NCR and Punch List process at contract level seeking support as required from the Railway Systems discipline specialists and other specialist functions in evaluating conformances and assessing contractor recommended dispositions.
* Supporting the Supervisor’s Representative in the review and acceptance of contractor certification packages.
* Assist with all CIAC 2&3 assurance activities including Handover and closure of all project related documentation with RfL and MTR.
* Manage completion of all assurance activities arising from RfL, MTR, CEG and the Project team including but not limited to the Elemental Completion Process (ECHR) process, Employers Completion Process (ECP), Engineering Safety Justification (ESJ).
3. Main challenges of the job
* Reporting accurately and in a timely way all relevant progress in relation to the CRL, RfL and MTR assurance and handover processes
* Working well within a pressured driven environment
* Ability to plan and proactively manage delivery targets against agreed works programme
* Coordinating and communicating effectively with all internal and external stakeholders including the project team to achieve timely completion of all deliverables
* Organisation management and interpersonal skills to motivate and achieve success in the delivery of internal and external delivery teams
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
* Reports to the Project Delivery Engineer
* Will work directly with CRL, RfL and MTR interface representatives
5. Person Specification
* Proven track record in working in an engineering assurance environment relating to railway infrastructure
* Batchelor Degree in a relevant technical subject
* Proven track record in working with a diverse range of project stakeholders
* Experience in all pertinent aspects of Health and Safety within a railway environment
* Successful track record in the completion of assurance and handover deliverables within a fast track delivery environment