Posted on Jun 26, 2019 by CV-Library
An exciting opportunity for a talented Test Engineer with one of Europe’s leading manufacturers in their field, delivering high quality engineered solutions that respond to a rapidly changing environment. Easily commutable from Leeds, Doncaster and most locations along the M62 corridor, with excellent benefits, day shifts only and an early finish on Fridays.
- Design, development and implementation of automated production test facilities
- Work directly with the innovations and development group to provide DFT /DFM analysis and test specifications
- Generate test software to automate test systems, communicate to the device under test, and store/retrieve results from a database.
- Ensure products are tested quickly/efficiently.
- Create all test system documentation including equipment operating procedures, schematics and process documentation.
- Contribute to project plans by providing time and cost estimates
- Deal with yield issues when needed; this will require interfacing directly with the factory / innovations and development
- Monitor yields and trends in order to identify process improvement opportunities
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure all H&S requirements are met
To be considered for this position you would require the following:
- Degree level in Electronics Engineering or related disciplines
- Proven track record in the development of production test facilities for new products
- Experience working with Labview
- Experience in electrical and mechanical design of production test equipment
- Experience in developing automated test processes and design of testing methods.
- RF knowledge
- IT literate
- Database creation and maintenance
- Knowledge and experience of Lean manufacturing principles would be desirable
- Great basic salary
- Well known manufacturer nationally and internationally
- Monday to Friday, days only, with a 1pm finish on Fridays
- Subsidised on-site canteen and free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Clean and friendly work atmosphere
If you would like to apply for this role please forward your CV preferably in Microsoft Word format to us including your full postal address and contact telephone numbers.
• Edwards & Pearce is a professional recruitment consultancy with 11 specialist divisions managed by experts in their own area of recruitment
• Established in 1998
• Employ approx 30 staff
• 2 offices in Doncaster & Hull
• Edwards & Pearce operates according to a strict ethical code and aims to offer both candidates and clients the highest levels of professionalism and customer service.
• Edwards & Pearce has an enviable client base including plc’s, blue chip organisations and SME’s , global FMCG manufacturing, the public sector, charities and the Big 4 accountancy firms achieving preferred supplier status with many clients
• From the 2 offices based in Yorkshire, Edwards & Pearce successfully recruit for not only local, regional and national clients but has also undertaken and filled international assignments