Digital Content and Communications Manager
Posted on Jun 26, 2019 by Verifile
DIGITAL CONTENT AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Verifile is a leading provider of CV verification and background screening services. We carry out background checks on candidates to enable our clients to make informed and long-term rewarding recruitment decisions.
The business has experienced a significant growth over the past few years and we are now looking for a Content & Communications Manager to shape and transform the roadmap for our online platform and accelerate our ambitious growth.
Whilst still having the feel of a start-up, this business has been trading for 15 years and is now an established market leader, with their services used globally and with an impressive customer base.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Content and Communications Manager is a new and critical role which will create content that wows and delights our audience, placing customers and prospects at the heart of everything we do.
Communications will increase the reach and impact of Verifile's profile and visibility through the delivery of high value and influential marketing, communications and PR in the UK and internationally, thereby significantly contributing to the development of new and existing clients and partnerships.
The role is at the core of the marketing team as others will rely on the content and communication manager's work on a daily basis. You will be keeping us honest about the requirements of our audience(s) and the dangers of producing me-too or inside-out content'. You will create content that will engage with our existing customers, attract website visitors and social followers, driving interest and new leads, empowering sales with relevant tools, and fueling PR and influencer relations.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- 5-10+ years of professional content writing and marketing communications experience (we require work samples to apply for this position)
- Experience working with design and marketing software.
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS).
- Understanding of the web, web design and current and emerging trends
- A keen eye for detail and commitment to accuracy with strong research and analytical skills
- Track record of developing impactful marketing content from conception through to execution
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrable awareness of the business needs and the latest marketing trends (outward focused)
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills to conduct interviews with internal/external audiences
- Dual-minded approach - creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, analytical, and rely on data to optimize/scale content marketing and communication strategies and tactics
- An understanding of digital marketing methods and deliverables such as email, paid advertising, SEO techniques and content strategy
- Versatility to write various kinds of content (thought leadership content, brand story, value proposition & product marketing, campaign-related content, sales tools enablement…)
- Adhering to our GDPR processes for digital marketing and escalating issues if identified
- Identify and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs
- Ability to build rapport with current clients and establishing positive relationships with new clients
- Bring best practice in the latest digital and social techniques to improve our reach and ensure our messages are landing more effectively driving engagement and conversion including ownership of optimisation and improving our web presence and journey
- Digital marketing across channels including email, social, web and advertising, alongside experience of measuring and analysing campaign data
- Drive the development and implementation of the company content strategy (customers and candidates) including templates and best practices for content creation, distribution and re-purposing
- Acting as Verifile's digital marketing champion, working with internal colleagues to develop digital understanding and ensuring best practice is applied across departments
- Devise, run and sustain a rolling 12-month editorial calendar and share across the organisation
- Look after the development of communication platforms across owned, earned and bought media
- Negotiate with stakeholders with varying and conflicting needs, responding flexibly and providing guidance and direction towards achieving end to end process improvements and simplification to achieve strategic goals
- Research, curate, write, edit, proofread and test compelling and engaging content
- Company value proposition and brand story telling (i.e. the Why, the What and the How)
- To work in the marketing team adding value and being involved in all areas needed to drive Verifile's profile forward in the market place.
- Product/Sales content (i.e. What we Do) - corporate presentation, battle cards, case studies
We are pleased to be able to offer our employees a wide range of facilities/services which help to provide a stimulating working environment:
- A diverse international community
- A stimulating, knowledge-based environment
- On-site refreshment facilities including beans-to-cup coffee machines
- Company treats and events every month
- Employees led charity events
- Big company Christmas party and other seasonal treats
- Green open space with outdoor seating
- Environmentally friendly policies
- Free car parking
- Modern, spacious offices with air conditioning
- A competitive salary which will be reviewed annually.
- 23 days paid holiday plus Bank Holiday, increasing to 25 days after 2 years of service.
- Pension scheme (Auto-Enrolment).
- Exclusive perks and big discounts through Perkbox.
- A super service reward scheme for 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years and even beyond. You can expect to choose from extra holidays, shopping and theatre vouchers, cleaner and gardener for a year and many other rewards.
- To celebrate 1 year service you and a guest will be treated to a 3 course meal at a top local restaurant.
- Employee referral scheme: receive £1,000 for introducing a new employee!
- Summer and Christmas events.
Through diversity, we aim to create a culture in which everyone can work together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential.
* Please be made aware a full pre-employment background check is required for this position.
** This ad is not intended to discriminate in anyway