Fund Accountant - Hedge Fund (Fund Admin Background Pref)
Posted on Jun 25, 2019 by CV-Library
Head of Fund Accounting
The Fund Accountant will be responsible for pricing, valuation, and daily P&L production across the firm’s funds. They will also work closely with (and deputise for) the Head of Fund Accounting in support of the wider fund accounting responsibilities across NAV, financial statement production, audit, and management reporting. The role holder will be expected to work closely with the portfolio management team as well as operations, risk, and treasury teams.
The Fund Accountant will be responsible for:
* The formal month end valuation process for each of the funds. This will include sourcing prices from brokers and pricing services, liaising with the portfolio managers and managing the price challenge process, reconciling against the administrator’s price packs, and acting as secretary to the firms Valuation Committee.
* Maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data within the firms accounting systems (including reconciling the data to both the administrator and the portfolio management system).
* The production of daily P&L for each fund (including reconciliation to the administrator’s daily P&L).
* Processing fund expenses, reviewing actual versus budgeted expenses, and ensuring accurate fixed accruals are in place and maintained across all funds.
In addition, the Fund Accountant will work closely with and support the Head of Fund Accounting in a number of aspects including but not limited to:
* The generation and validation of internal “fund accounting” data sets used for both internal and external reporting and management information.
* The timely and accurate completion of the monthly shadow NAV process.
* The processing and booking of capital subscriptions, redemptions, and switches.
* The annual fund audits.
* Tax compliance.
Skills, Attributes, and Experience
* Accounting qualification (or working towards qualification).
* At least 2 years in a fund accounting role at an alternative asset manager or administrator.
* Experience, and an understanding of, the basics of hedge fund accounting, including series accounting.
* Strong attention to detail and an ability to complete tasks within defined and, at times tight deadlines.
* The ability to explain complex accounting matters to non-accountants in a clear and concise manner.
* First class MS Excel skills.
* Experience in a similar role in a hedge fund.
* Knowledge and experience of ABS and derivative products.
* Experience of VPM.
* Experience of Master-Feeder hedge fund structures and PE structures.
* An ability to evolve and improve existing processes and infrastructure.
Competitive annual compensation and discretionary bonus and private medical insurance