Posted on Jun 25, 2019 by CV-Library
Our chosen business partner are searching for a forward thinking Production Manager. If you are succesful you will be leading their South Manchester manufacturing facility which produces engineered components that are distributed globally. On appointment you will be overseeing all areas of production of their $40m business area, managing and coordinating all departments within production to ensure they achieve KPIs, promote Continuous Improvement including Lean Manufacturing, TPM and NPI.
• Overseeing the production process and putting in effective controls and improvements to demonstrate Continuous Improvement (CI).
• Daily Management of Production Supervisors and staff, empower and engage this group with effective and inspiring leadership.
• Resolution of personnel issues and disciplinary issues under your control.
• Development of Production Supervisors / Shift Managers to become effective 1st line managers.
• Optimized and Maximize performance and production output.
• Implementing effective training plans including documented training and validation for all staff.
• Agreeing the production schedules and optimize these in order to maintain and maximize production at reduced cost.
• Ensuring that the production is cost effective and demonstrate continuous improvement in costs.
• Making sure that all products are produced on time and are of requisite quality.
• Put in place systems which maintain and improve quality and show effective control of products and deliver on improvements as part of must win battles.
• Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs across the production team.
• Monitoring process performance against standards and taking necessary corrective actions to protect customers at all times.
• Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
• Formulation of annual budgets for production.
• Leadership and Management qualification is desirable or a degree level qualification with Engineering related discipline.
• Industrial experience gained in a process manufacturing environment.
• SPC / 6 Sigma / Lean manufacturing / FMEA.
• Computer and IT skills.
• High level of English-language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
• Interpersonal skills will be required; to influence decision-making and to work closely and effectively with manufacturing and engineering personnel at all levels and managing at technical team.
• Must be willing to work hands-on and to spend significant part of time on the shop floor.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• IOSH and NEBOSH .
• Management of up to 40 to 60 people within a CNC environment.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
£55k - £65k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£35k - £37k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£45k - £45k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£46k - £46k Annual
£46k - £46k Annual