Senior Design Engineer
Posted on Jun 25, 2019 by CV-Library
The design department provides detailed Engineering Design and Technical support associated with design and termination hardware solutions to meet the customer requirements in the Oil and Gas and Renewable Energy markets.
* Ensure full compliance, during all engineering and related activities, with regard to sound engineering practice and adherence to relevant internal and external procedures, guidelines and standards.
* To produce economic engineered solutions, considering all aspects from materials to manufacturability, whilst satisfying all customer and internal requirements.
* Liaise with suppliers on technical and engineering matters.
* Ensure knowledge of industry developments is kept up to date.
* Generate, check and authorise designs, reports, instructions, procedures, specifications, calculations, and drawings, to ensure a high level of accuracy and credibility in the documents supplied by the design department.
* Liaison with clients and suppliers, and attendance at project meetings. Often expected to work to tight timescales and can be called into meetings at short notice to ensure any technical queries are dealt with in an accurate and timely manner.
* Provide technical support to other departments, and provide training and coaching of other members of the design team to ensure high standards of technical competence. Including the assistance of other teams and engineers at times of peak work activity where requested
* Provide technical support for issues within the factory for manufacturing/design including authorisation of DCR’s and NCR’s to ensure alignment with Plant capability.
* Actively pursue the development of new products from conceptual design through to manufacture and ensure development and improvement of existing products and services.
* Make key technical decisions within competence, deputising for Senior Engineer (Sub Team Leader) or Team Leader in their absence and where instructed to and competent to do so.
* 5 years plus experience in the engineering experience in the engineering, design and delivery of Oil & Gas and/or Renewable Energy Equipment, including evidence of significant level of technical competence, delivery achievement and professional conduct.
* Communication skills and experience to provide credibility to customers and other stakeholders.
* Degree qualified in an engineering subject or relevant experience gained in an engineering field.
* Mechanical and Electrical Engineering theory
* Technical report writing and checking
* Reviewing client documentation
* Advanced use of Microsoft Excel & Word
* Experienced with AutoCad/Inventor & MathCad
* Able to adapt to bespoke / non-standard software packages with minimal training
* Leadership and line management – People management, working on multiple projects, prioritising workload
* Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills both inside the organisation and also externally
* Proven success in a similar role and / or have relevant demonstrable experience and skills
By applying for this opportunity, you agree that Zenith People LTD may share your details with end client at shortlist stage
£30k - £37k Annual
£25k - £40k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£37k - £42k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual