Posted on Jun 25, 2019 by CV-Library
A lower-tier COMAH site in Northamptonshire are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer, qualified to HND minimum. This would be ideal for an individual with 2-3 years’ experience looking for their next role.
The purpose of the role is to support the Process and Maintenance Engineering Departments – providing isometrics, P&IDs, PFDs and 2D/3D layouts. The work will involve working closely
with process, mechanical and electrical engineers to create project P&IDs and layouts as well as general site drawing modifications.
The following list is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar nature may be required:
* Prepare drawings for new projects or existing equipment on AutoCAD Plant 3D based on sketches/mark-ups by Process Engineers, Mechanical Engineer and Maintenance Dept staff. This would include P&IDs, Flowsheets, general arrangements and piping schematics.
* Prepare 2Dor 3D drawings on AutoCAD involving site-based checks and measurements including liaison with Engineers and Production personnel to agree pragmatic and acceptable designs from concept to completion.
* Maintain and develop the drawings office standards and procedures relating to drawing numbering, drawing preparation and standards. Maintain the site Drawing Register.
* Manage external drawing contractors and their workload. Check contractor drawings.
* Liaise with internal staff during the design phase and project construction stage to interpret requirements for new equipment and pipework.
* Participation in design reviews or HAZOPs to ensure proposals are optimised.
* HND in Engineering or equivalent qualification / experience in a related subject, Minimum of three years as a draughtsman within a manufacturing environment. Extensive Engineering project work experience also required.
* Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D
* Preparation of P&IDs, GAs and piping schematics. Preparation of 2D/3D drawings.
* £24,000 - £33,000 basic depending on experience.
* Up to £8,000 available for a relocator.
* 25 days annual leave per annum.
* Simply Health - Cash Plan.
* Private Medical Insurance.
* Pension - Employer contribution is 2x employee contribution up to 10%.
* Cycle to Work Scheme.
* On site swimming pool.
* Free parking.
Based in Northamptonshire and within a close commute of Northampton, Wellingborough, Bedford, Kettering, Milton Keynes, Corby and Towcester.
To apply for this vacancy, send the most up to date copy of your CV across or call James on (phone number removed).
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
£24k - £33k Annual
£28k - £36k Annual