Posted on Jun 25, 2019 by CV-Library
My Client is a business that their clients, their own people and their community can rely on to look after their interests and be the best at what we do. With 8 offices, they are continuing to grow throughout East Anglia and beyond becoming the go-to provider of accountancy services and business advice for companies of all sizes and individuals in East Anglia. A new opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join their Business and Private team in Ipswich. In the role you will assist in the preparation of accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders, drafting tax computations, preparing VAT returns, while providing a hands on compliance role
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
* Great at organising people, tasks and workload
* Adaptable and tenacious when working towards a solution
* A good collaborator and develop relationships with people at all levels of the firm and with external training and service providers
* A strong multitasker able to manage a number of different tasks to completion in a timely manner
* An excellent administrator and able to observe a high level of confidentiality and discretion
In return you will have support to establish your career with my Client at a pace that suits you both personally and professionally. Here are just some of the other benefits we offer:
* Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, pension salary exchange, holiday purchase, discounted gym membership, on-line benefits platform with healthcare, retail and leisure offers and discounts
* Regular sports and social events and team activities
* Award winning wellbeing programme that includes charity events, dress down days, holistic therapies, pension investment advice, monthly wellbeing newsletter, webinars and dedicated Wellbeing Champions at every office
* Employee Assistance Programme providing advice, support and counselling services
We know that benefits are important and can be personal so feel free to ask us what we can offer you.
More information on the role – key tasks (not exhaustive):
* Assists in the preparation of statutory accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders to review stage.
* Assists in the preparation of management accounts and VAT returns.
* Works within budgets set at the planning stage; understands the importance of the budgets and communicates effectively to ensure these are met.
* Working with other team members to ensure an efficient and pro-active service is provided to clients.
* Ensures the efficient use of appropriate software packages internally and supporting clients’ accounting systems.
* Maintains up to date understanding of clients business.
* Maintains good working relationships with client staff.
* Is aware of the wide range of my clients services and spots opportunities to potentially sell those services to clients.
* Takes an active role in business development, and promoting the firm in the local area.
Additional qualifications and Experience
* Ideally you will be AAT qualified or part qualified and you will be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and understanding of working with external clients.
* You will need to competently use Microsoft packages, internet, email and bespoke accounts software.
* This role will best suit someone who has previous experience of working in an accounting practice role with experience of accounts preparation and related matters.
This vacancy is being managed by Charlotte Roscoe at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook, can you also follow us on Twitter @spearrecltd and Instagram @spearrecruitment
Copyright Spear Recruitment Limited 2018.
Use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Spear Recruitment Ltd prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions
£18k - £24k Annual
£25k - £27k Annual
£21k - £21k Annual
£9.5 - £9.5 Hourly
£26k - £28k Annual
£27k - £29k Annual
£22k - £24k Annual
£21k - £23k Annual
£20k - £22k Annual
£24k - £24k Annual