Registered Nurse RN - Cardiac Float Staffing
Posted on Jun 25, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse BSS - Float Staffing 003 - PRN,Rotating - Ascension Borgess Medical Ctr - Kalamazoo,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Borgess Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Pick up required supplies, forms, equipment and vaccine's) from office prior to start of clinic, if not being delivered by clerical person.
- Supervise the clerical assistant and/or store employees as the work area is set up.
- Determine clinic flow, with input from site contact person and clerical assistant, so that clients will proceed efficiently without disrupting store operations.
- Provides professional nursing care within medical facilities, including hospitals, nursing homes, and physician offices.
- Ensure that each client has received and read a Vaccine Information Statement for each vaccination he/she intends to receive. Determine that each client understands the consent forms.
- Check to ensure each client has completed and signed the appropriate consent form before vaccination. Answer any questions related to the vaccine's) or vaccination's).
- Adhere to universal precautions during each clinic.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of a School of Nursing required at start date and Must have at least one year experience as a Registered Nurse.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)