Head of Digital Projects
Posted on Jun 24, 2019 by CV-Library
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The Charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created. We are currently looking for a Head of Digital Projects to drive digital transformation throughout the charity and help Yorkshire Cancer Research achieve its strategic aims.
- Salary of £45,000 - £55,000 Dependent on Experience (DOE)
- Private healthcare
- 25 days’ holiday
- Excellent transport links close by or free onsite parking
We are seeking a high calibre digital professional with outstanding change and transformation experience and known for consistently delivering projects and objectives on time and budget. You’ll be a role model for our organisation, delivering innovation through the implementation of digital solutions to bring our working practices in-line with our forward-thinking approach.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As the Head of Digital Projects, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
So, if you want to thrive within one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK, do more with your career and make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Head of Digital Projects, you will be taking on a brand new role for our organisation, providing the vision and leadership to help us develop and deliver our digital strategy.
You’ll drive digital transformation across the charity, ensuring teams are engaged with digital tools and products and digital processes are optimised.
Acting as an inspirational leader and digital champion, you’ll drive digital capabilities and strategy, working with Directors and senior management to articulate and achieve their digital aspirations.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Developing and implementing the digital strategy
- Ensuring the charity is digitally capable and well placed to deliver on the Charity’s strategic objectives
- Developing and maintaining a stable and secure digital environment
- Leading, planning and road mapping project and programmes for digital transformation
- Engaging with digital agency providers and managing ongoing relationships
To be considered as the Head of Digital Projects, you will need:
- Substantial experience of delivering change and transformation enabled by digital solutions.
- Team leadership experience at a senior level for at least five years.
- To be naturally persuasive and able to influence groups and individuals.
- To be highly numerate, with a commercial approach to making informed decisions.
- Experience of negotiating and reviewing contracts
- Experience in leading highly effective project teams using a recognised project management methodology
- To be educated to degree level in a relevant subject
Other organisations may title this role Head of Digital, Digital Transformation Manager, Head of Digital Change, Head of Digital Transformation, Head of Digital Services, or Head of Digital Experience.
The closing date for this role is the 7th July 2019.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Trust are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to make a difference as the Head of Digital Projects, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
£30k - £45k Annual
£25k - £25k Annual
£18k - £22k Annual
£20k - £30k Annual