Senior Quality Engineer
Posted on Jun 24, 2019 by TE Connectivity
The Aerospace, Defense and Marine (AD&M) business unit of TE is part of the Industrial Solutions segment -- a world leader in the design of components and electrical interconnection solutions that are used for applications in extreme and harsh environments. These interconnect solutions make possible applications like avionics, jet engine management, flight controls, grounding systems and harness assemblies, in-flight entertainment (IFE) and cabin systems for today's "connected aircraft". Vertical markets served include commercial and military aviation, space, military ground vehicles, unmanned / drone vehicles, as well as marine offshore oil and gas (MOG) development. TE offers solutions for enhanced connectivity in extreme environments, from the deepest oceans, to deep space exploration. In your relentless need to save space and weight, improve data delivery and power management, you will find that AD&M is ready to collaborate with your design team to help you get your product to the market faster with smarter, better interconnect solutions.
The AD&M business unit within TE Connectivity is currently seeking an experienced Plant Quality Engineer for our growing Aerospace business. The responsibility of the Plant Quality Engineer will be to provide leadership/direction for Operations Teams in support of continuous improvement and support Quality activities with customers.
- Monitor, communicate and improve key Customer KPI's, including Customer Scorecards, Corrective actions response time and PPM improvement
- Update customers in a timely fashion regarding product quality and project requests
- Coordinate with Plant Quality Managers to discuss and resolve product quality issues raised by customers
- Issue Quality Alerts for non-conforming product delivered to customers.
- Lead in the writing of Notice of Escapements with Quality Management and Legal
- Assist in problem-solving and root cause analysis activities to eliminate recurrence of non-conformance including corrective action verification.
- Create Quality Improvement Plan for specific product lines
- Participate in voice of the customer activities to deliver Extraordinary customer experience (ECE)
- Lead in ensuring Purchase Order Flow Down, contracts and Regulatory requirements are met and sustained
- Assist in the approval of First Article Inspection (FAI) reports
- Assist plant management with Customer audits and third part audits in support of the AS9100 Quality System
- Promote and Drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the quality Organization for proactive tools such Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, Advance Product and Quality Planning (APQP) Statistical Process control (SPC) and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Experience in complying with customer, statutory and regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to direct identification of root cause, drive improvement actions and resolve problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience in problem-solving tools such as 8D, 5 whys and fishbone Analysis
- Proficiency in Demonstrated ability to make independent, informed decisions.
- 3 or more years of experience in Quality Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality or related technical field.
- Demonstrated expertise in quality tools, practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Working knowledge ISO 9000 and preferably AS9100.
- Process control knowledge and implementation experience (PFMEA. SPC, CPK, Gage R & R, Control Plans, etc.).
- Successfully worked in a team environment providing assistance to various departments requiring consistent quality assurance systems to succeed
- Ability to influence and drive cross-functional teamwork, ability to work well with internal and external customers, and with other cultures
- This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
What TE Connectivity Offers
We offer a competitive "total rewards" compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive, and meets the needs of our employees.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.