Project Manager, Metals (Design Group)
Posted on Jun 24, 2019 by Barry Wehmiller
About Us:Design Group operates from 45+ offices in the US and India providing engineering, consulting, and technical services to the world's leading companies in the Food & Beverage, Life Sciences, Advanced Technology, Industrial, and other market sectors. Our 1500+ technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology, and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Project Manager is responsible for overall project development and execution. Duties include, but are not limited to project development, stakeholder alignment, system design, coordination of detailed engineering, vendor/contractor management, equipment selection and procurement, schedule development and management, project finances, site construction management and installation supervision and support. This position will also lead project teams of engineers, designers and other professionals as required.
- Actively participate in the development of new project proposals that accurately and concisely define the scope of work, which achieves the clients' objectives.
- Actively participate in the review of project design deliverables to ensure the production of the highest quality work product that meets the clients' objectives.
- Overall project execution: system design, engineering, vendor/contractor management, equipment procurement, schedule management, project finances, site management and installation support.
- Review cost estimates and budgets
- Engineering responsibilities include all aspects of the mechanical design process working directly with our clients and suppliers to implement project specifications and document compliance.
- Simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities.
- Develop, maintain and grow solid client relationships.
- Lead project team(s) as required
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing capital projects within the metals industry.
- Minimum 10 years' well-rounded A/E or corporate engineering experience that includes client development, project management, process engineering, and quality management.
- Experience with multi-discipline large capital projects involving Owners, General Contractors, Contractors, and System Integrators.
- Preferred areas of experience include sponge production, sponge processing, scrap handling, scrap processing, blending, melting, casting, forging, extrusion, rolling, flattening, machining, finishing, and other metalworking operations. Titanium, Nickel-Based Superalloy, and Specialty Steel experience preferred.
- Good Understanding of Design/Build (Engineering and Construction)
- Familiar with document control systems
- Experience with as-built drawings that are incorporated into master CAD drawings
- Experience with project close out: reviewing construction specifications, as-builts, O&M manuals and submittals
- Experience with CAD support on projects
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with our valued team members and clients.
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication including generating reports and conducting group presentations.
- Willingness to travel 40 - 60% to support project installation and start-up activities, attend client meetings, management meetings, company sponsored training and industry related seminars, forums or conventions. Overnight travel may be required.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited school is preferred.
- Will consider B.S. in Chemical, Electrical, Civil, Structural from an ABET accredited school.
- MS in a related field is highly desired.
- Professional Engineering License or EIT preferred.
- PMP desired
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.