Posted on Jun 21, 2019 by CV-Library
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Paraplanner to work within a highly successful St. James’s Place Wealth Management Partner Practice. You will be joining the fast-paced Paraplanning team based in their Mayfair offices, ensuring the business generated by the Wealth Managers who you will be working alongside is processed correctly and in a timely manner.
St. James’s Place Wealth Management plc (SJP) is a leading, and highly regarded, FTSE 100 UK Wealth Management company which distributes a range of Investment and Retirement products and financial solutions to a High Net Worth client base. SJP has funds under management in excess of £100bn. This Practice is well established and highly successful.
* Detailed attention to existing client files and needs - working with Business Owner to identify client existing and future opportunities in line with Practice objectives
* Detailed technical meeting preparation of client files ahead of meeting and preparing Agenda/meeting content with Business Owner
* Viability assessment of cases prior to meeting with the client and any compliance issues the Business Owner should be aware of ahead of the meeting
* Working with business owner on advice structuring for top tier clients, where appropriate
* Meeting pack preparation; Agendas, up to date wealth accounts, CRR’s, illustrations, letters of authority, and CFR notes, together with up to date SCDD and AML documents. Face to face debriefs with Business Owner after client meetings, note taking and technical discussions/advice structuring. Attending meetings where appropriate
* Inputting and management of Voyant for client meetings/presentations
* Updating CFR with client circumstances update and objectives from client meetings (every meeting)
* Dealing with all technical actions arising from client meetings, ready for further presentation to Business Owner to take to the next stage. Dealing with all incoming client technical queries by both telephone and email (filtered through from Client Service Manager). Proactively supporting Business Owner in this area and liaising with SJP technical teams where appropriate
* Creating advice sets, illustrations. and documentation. Uploading appropriate documentation to Swift
* Preparation of all Suitability letters, including transfer/replacement, drawdown and EIS/VCT letters, using all BAU checklists to keep quality high. Achieving a consistent 80% QOD record. Preparing a compliant CFR, when submitting a case via Swift, using appropriate checklists
* Reviewing ceding scheme information collated from Client Service Manager, preparing critical yield calculations and general sense checking
* Preparing, CYC, LTA and pension shortfall calculations
* Keep knowledge base up to date with compliance requirements for compliance and Advice Notes
* Keep up to date with latest Risk Briefing notes, Advice Notes and SJP fund management issues/changes etc./general compliance.
* Management of Work in Progress of all cases in hand and pro-actively moving these cases along to completion. Working closely with Paraplanner and being the first point of contact with Paraplanner
* Keeping day to day tasks up to date on task system and actioning within Practice service level standards. Keeping up to date on the latest Advice Briefing notes, SJP, and industry changes
* Ensuring adherence to the GDPR when dealing with all client paperwork.
* A pro-active and structured approach to supporting the Practice’s administration needs
* Identifying opportunities to improve the service level for the Practice as a whole, and suggesting new ideas to help improve the service the Practice provides to the client
* Assisting colleagues in times of need when urgent tasks are required to be undertaken and prioritising workload accordingly. Team working
* Keeping the office area tidy and presentable at all times. Shredding of all confidential information. Answering incoming telephone calls in a professional and polite manner
* Attendance at internal and external training courses/events where required, which may require some travel.
* At least 2 years prior experience in a similar position, within the financial services industry. Diploma qualified and looking to become Chartered
* Highly analytical with proven experience in a similar position
* Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a flexible approach to their workload
* Ability to be able to adapt to last-minute changes. Enjoys working as part of a small team
* Career Paraplanner, willing to commit long-term
* Excellent attention to detail and a good level of suitable first-time compliance rates (80% minimum). Methodical and thorough
* Good knowledge of all Office products. Prior use of a CRM system would be helpful, but not essential
* Well-presented and professional.
Please note that this Partner Practice will conduct a standard Financial and Identity check on any candidates who are offered a role within this Practice.
To apply for this role, you must follow the link from this advert to Burgh Recruitment's site and ensure your CV is uploaded at this point. Burgh Recruitment are managing the process and your CV will, unfortunately, not reach this St. James's Place Partner Practice if you do not follow this procedure
£23k - £25k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£38k - £50k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual