Posted on Jun 21, 2019 by CV-Library
My client based in the Oxfordshire area within advanced technology manufacturing are looking for a Senior Buyer on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities include identifying areas for cost saving, strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, supplier development, improving supplier performances ensuring delivery of goods on time on cost on quality whilst helping to improve, consolidate and optimise purchasing department processes.
Skills required for the Senior Buyer role:
* Must have a proven track record of incurring cost savings.
* Strategic sourcing experience required
* Must have experience working within advanced technology manufacturing environments
* Strong negotiation skills at a senior level
* Experience of negotiating high value complex contracts, with a pro-active, keen eye to identify areas and opportunities for cost saving.
* A proven track record of delivering to tight deadlines on time, on cost, on quality.
* Experience of managing and being the main interface with suppliers on global scale
* Strong supplier relationship skills with the ability to manage and ensure suppliers deliver effectively and on time and, where necessary, building up longer-term supplier management expectations.
* Building strong relationships with customers in order to effectively serve their needs, often with shorter than expected timescales.
Key skills required for the Senior Buyer:
* Minimum 5 years’ procurement experience within advanced technology manufacturing environments
* Must have a proven track record of achieving results with the ability to perform to demanding deadlines.
* Degree Level or Equivalent/ relevant work experience would be highly advantageous
* Hold or working towards CIPS Membership would be advantageous
* Proven track record and experience of incurring substantial cost savings
The role is based in the Oxfordshire area - commutable from Banbury, Milton Keynes, Abingdon, Reading, Faringdon, Didcoat, Wantage, Swindon, Aylesbury and Oxford.
If you are a Senior Buyer looking for a new role either apply online or if would like to find out about other Purchasing, Supply Chain and Procurement opportunities please contact Phil Browne at (url removed) or phone (phone number removed).
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country’s largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
Please visit our website (url removed)
£60k - £60k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual