Compliance Assistant KYC AML
Posted on Jun 20, 2019 by CV-Library
A growing FinTech based in Central London are looking to grow their compliance team by hiring a Compliance / Risk Assistant to handle a variety of duties including general admin work. The company will provide training, however experience of KYC / AML gained within the finance / Banking / FinTech sector is highly desirable and please note the post will require excellent IT, fast accurate data input and superb analytical skills.
The role will commence on a temp to perm basis so please only apply if you are immediately available to start work
General tasks - In Review
* The specific role will be, to review an application currently flagged as "In Review", due to a potential Pep and Sanctions match. Details below,
* You will need to determine if the applicant’s applications was wrongly flagged by reviewing documents provided and making logical deductions based on details provided in application vs the details the system has matched i.e. application says Donald Trump born in Surrey, 3/15/74 vs the system showing a match of Don J Trump born in NY, 5/16/54 and then marking the application as false positives for those they deem are falsely being flagged. (like the example above )
Monitoring daily load transactions:
* You will generate a report and ensure that the payer details of the remitting bank account match those of the customer.
* In cases where the details do not match, you will be contacting the customers via email.
* Attention to detail and analysis will be required to assess the risk of a third-party bank transfer and to take decisions on an outcome for the account.
Corresponding with suspended customers:
* Contacting customers and requesting documents for verification purposes.
* Responding to customer queries about the status of their account.
* Contacting customers informing them about security concerns about their account.
The following skill will be needed:
* Computer skills (internet-based systems, excel)
* Deductive reasoning (this will involve some investigation to determine an outcome)
* Basic knowledge of AML & KYC is highly desirable (even at a CS level)
Please forward your CV with a mobile telephone number if you are immediately available and we will call you straight back