Asset & Planned Maintenance Manager
Posted on Jun 20, 2019 by CV-Library
The post holder is responsible for delivering an effective asset management strategy and investment plans to 4,000 homes across New Vision Homes’ contract with Woking Borough Council.
You will be responsible for giving customers a professional and friendly service to meet the level in keeping with resident expectations
The successful candidate will also ensure value for money is achieved through effective management of contractors.
* Develop and maintain Asset Management strategies and investment plans over the long term (30 years), medium term (10 years) and short term (1 year) in order to improve the quality of life or residents and increase value for money for Woking Borough Council, supported by the Finance and Commercial Manager
* Lead the Asset Management service taking overall responsibility for the delivery of the capital programme.
* Lead consultation and build resident involvement in the Asset Management strategy and investment plans to ensure that the needs, priorities and aspirations of residents are understood and resident satisfaction is increased.
* Build strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, including Woking Borough Council, New Vision Homes Residents’ Operations Board, and Members of the Council, Directors, Heads of Service, contractors and community organisations, to ensure that strategies and plans are joined up and aligned with the Council’s strategic aims and objectives.
* As part of a comprehensive Asset Management Strategy incorporate processes for measuring the performance and viability of assets. Identify and realise options for utilising Council land, property and assets to deliver the Council’s new build and regeneration plans and aspirations.
* Prepare and agree budgets for the annual investment plan, monitor its delivery and take action to ensure the programme is delivered on time and within budget, supported by the Finance and Commercial Manager
* Ensure that the stock condition database on Keystone is maintained and regularly updated so that it functions as a “living” database accurately reflecting the nature and condition of the property portfolio.
* Regularly report on asset management issues to a range of forums and meetings including Core Group, Residents’ Operations Board, Performance Review Group, Asset Management Panel and Residents’ Days to ensure effective and timely decision making.
* Manage the performance and development of the Asset Management Team, ensuring that all team members have clear objectives and targets, through regular reviews and appraisals in order to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction.
* Working with and standing in for the Responsive Repairs and Compliance Manager, ensure all asset management, planned maintenance, responsive repairs and compliance services are provided efficiently and effectively in line with contractual obligations and where possible meeting the client’s expectations around continuous improvement and added value.
* Champion innovation and creativity in the design and delivery of services to achieve best in class status. Critically assess and challenge current service delivery methods and implement any changes to improve performance and reduce costs.
* Work collaboratively with colleagues to meet the needs and priorities of the Asset Management Team.
* Build and maintain effective working relationships with Contractors, resident groups, client, consultants and internal departments at all levels.
* Promote and act in accordance with all policies and procedures including those relating to equality and diversity, customer care, and health and safety.
* Contribute positively to the marketing of the company’s vision, values and objectives, including representation at meetings with external stakeholders, out of hours where necessary.
* Identify personal training needs and attend training and development courses as and when required.
* Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
* Holds a qualification in Building Surveying or a construction related subject
* Desirable, holds CSCS Card - Manager (Black) or equivalent
* Holds valid, Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate
* Has extensive knowledge of Health & Safety, general and specific construction
* Experience of working for a Social Housing Provider or similar
* Ability to demonstrate experience relating to all Key and Generic Responsibilities
* Computer literate, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
* Demonstrates compliance with our key values of Delivering Excellence, Respect, Challenge, Involve and Trust
* Has exceptional standards of customer care and the ability to deliver accurate and clear communications, especially on a face to face basis
* Has current driving licence and own vehicle