Posted on Jun 20, 2019 by CV-Library
Start Date: ASAP
End date of assignment: 31st July 2019 (could be extended)
You will need to be self-motivated and have first and second line support experience along with ITIL Foundation qualification or awareness. You will need:
* Troubleshooting and supporting Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office products, desktop and laptop Hardware
* Sound understanding of operating systems security principles
* Working knowledge of Audio-Visual technologies
* Knowledge of Apple, Linux and mobile operating systems
* Working with a range of suppliers
You will need to have excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills. You will be confident in communicating at all levels and will be passionate about knowledge sharing to enhance the overall quality of the team.
Other possible activities and responsibilities
1. Install or remove hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools; follow agreed standards, including those for electrical work. Agree the timing of the work with those affected, eg users, operations management, including, where appropriate, hand-over to client.
2. Conduct test of the hardware and/or software affected using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools. Help to resolve problems and faults, and corrects malfunctions, calling on help from more experienced colleagues if required. Document results in accordance with agreed procedures.
3. Carry out required collection of information and records, including using network management systems and appropriate performance analysis equipment to monitor installation performance against agreed service levels. Take action on known or moderately complex problems, advising superiors and specialists only when their attention is required.
4. Report details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated.
5. Provide guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues in the execution of routine tasks and ensures that all safety, security, clerical and administrative procedures are completed correctly.
6. Provide assistance to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation of request. Maintain accurate records of user requests, contact details and outcome. Provide feedback to users.
7. Contribute, as required, to the development of installation procedures and standards.
8. Initiate action to resolve problems in systems and services. Document such incidents and problems within the configuration management defect/problem reporting system. Match unresolved incidents against existing problems, known errors and other incidents.
9. Assist with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures, in close liaison with the service desk, change management, configuration management and asset management functions.
10. Support service level management in monitoring the impact of problems on agreed service levels.
11. Produce reports and registers on defect/problem reporting data (e.g. data extracted from the configuration management system/known error database). Take agreed actions relating to problem investigation and resolution within the allotted timescales.
12. Following agreed procedures, provide advice to users on systems, products and services which are available to them.
13. Respond to requests for support by providing information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate.
14. Provide an effective interface between users and service providers, including external commercial suppliers where applicable. This interface includes documenting incidents, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
15. Assist users in making more effective use of desk-top systems, products and services. Makes initial diagnosis of any problems and advises known solutions where applicable.
16. For all products, services and systems within the area of responsibility, demonstrate, install and commission desk-top systems and their routine upgrades. Provide information on updates, known errors, changes in availability, new facilities etc.
17. Interpret technical or procedure manuals on behalf of non-technical users and provide routine training in normal usage of systems, products and services, providing information on the full range of capabilities.
• Degree, or equivalent
• Professional qualification such as: ITIL ® Foundation in IT Service Management or MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. Able to demonstrate proficiency in:
• Knowledge of the IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) and the IT applications and service processes used within own organisation.
• Installation, testing and commissioning of supplier specific equipment and software in all legitimate operational environments.
• The knowledge and ability to install and maintain hardware systems in a way that ensures they operate within their planned specification and are safe to use by those authorised to work with them.
• The use of everyday desktop software including word processing, spreadsheets, graphics.
• Methods and techniques for reporting progress and financial conformance against an agreed plan
You will need to have excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills. You will be confident in communicating at all levels and will be passionate about knowledge sharing to enhance the overall quality of the team
£24k - £27k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual
£22k - £27k Annual
£32k - £37k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£21k - £23k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual
£18k - £23k Annual