Principal Electrical Engineer
Posted on Jun 20, 2019 by CV-Library
The role will involve technical leadership and mentoring of the team including graduates. It will also involve the day to day leadership of an assigned team at project level to profitably and successfully deliver projects as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Job Role & Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
* Feasibility, outline and detailed electrical design work.
* Produce Functional Design Specifications, Electrical Scope/Specification documents, Plant/equipment datasheets, Load & I/O schedules, Power/ICA cable schedules, Electrical drawings & calculations, Single line diagrams and routing and cabling containment designs.
* General engineering design.
* Site visits and data collection.
* Assisting with delivering design and general engineering projects.
* Assisting with bids and proposal documents as required to support the EC&I Head of discipline or Bid Manager as appropriate.
* Technical checking of the team’s work.
* Technical management of electrical vendors and sub-contractors.
* Provide project team leadership.
* Ensuring project deliverables comply with appropriate design codes and legislation.
* The successful candidate will work on a range of diverse projects predominantly in the heavy chemical sector. However, some work is carried out in other industry sectors.
Qualifications & Experience
* Preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in related subject (e.g. electrical engineering although a HNC or HND with appropriate level of experience will be considered.
* Preferably a Chartered Engineer with IET, or working towards.
* Good practical knowledge and design experience of LV cabling design for industrial applications.
* Good practical knowledge and design experience in the specification and testing of MCCs and LV switchboards.
* Experience of the specification of transformers, standby generators and UPS systems.
* Experience of Lightning protection design.
* Experience of reviewing vendor submittals and managing vendors/sub-contractors.
* Design experience for DSEAR classified areas
* Proficient in the use of Amtech Pro LV design package.
* Lighting, Fire Alarm and MV specification & design experience is desirable.
* Fieldbus technology (Profibus DP and Modbus RTU) design knowledge would advantageous.
* Functional Safety, Control and instrumentation specification & design experience is desirable.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
* Display a positive outlook and approachable manner.
* Must be well motivated, able to work as part of a team or in independently when required
£60k - £65k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£52k - £60k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£51 - £51.5 Hourly
£50k - £62k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual