Technical Call Handler
Posted on Jun 20, 2019 by CV-Library
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Poole, Dorset
Salary: £18k starting salary
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Call Handler to join their team in Poole. You will work on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
Part of your role will be to provide call handling and basic 1st line support to customers, ensuring to provide the highest level of customer service. Responsible for accurately logging new queries and updating existing queries, communicating with the rest of the Support Department to keep Support Analysts and customers up to date on the progress of tickets. You will be responsible for maintaining account and customer records within the CRM system.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Logging new tickets and keeping existing tickets up to date.
* Acquiring updates from Support Analysts on existing tickets and feeding information back to the customer.
* Providing a quick first response to customers.
* Providing basic 1st line technical support, resolving tickets at the point of logging where possible.
* Communicating with the department when high priority tickets are logged and/or when tickets are chased.
* Relaying updates from Support Analysts to customers.
* Setting customer expectations in terms of timescales and required actions.
* Maintaining account and customer records within the CRM system.
* Recommending new knowledgebase articles and suggesting edits to existing articles based on tickets being logged.
* Establishing ‘support tunnel’ connections to customer sites.
* Applying patches to customer systems.
* Providing technical services to set up new PCs and printers.
Experience and Qualifications:
* It is essential to have excellent communication and customer service skills.
* You must also have a background in IT/technical support.
* Ideally you’ll have related IT education and/or experience.
* Experience in working on a support desk is desirable.
* Experience in working with CRM systems would be advantageous.
The role would suit someone who:
* Enjoys building a rapport and communicating with customers, while delivering customer service excellence.
* Works well within a close-knit social team of people.
* Wants to progress to a 2nd or 3rd line role providing application/product support.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://(url removed)/privacy-policy